RR L322 SC Sand Tire Question

soflorovers

I looked at the Compomotives before choosing the TuffAnts. My primary concern with them was whether or not the interior of the wheel would clear the Brembos without modification. I’ve seen Compomotives on HSEs, but not on an SC. They might work, but in the end I liked the looks of the TuffAnts and with the ET27 offset, I don’t need spacers for the larger and wider tires. I think this is the same concern as Hamiamham.
I've seen Compos before on a Gen 1 RRS Supercharged before. They *barely* clear.

Hamiamham

Not sure I want to make the investment in my tires, new rims, spacers, and possibly a lift kit. What do you guys think of me just going with a tire like the Cooper Discoverer at3 4s? It comes in my stock 255/50R20 size and while Copper can’t officially recommend airing them down, they did tell me that people do “without any issues”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Howski

I’d consider sizing up you’re tire too. I’m fairly certain you can fit something larger at stock height which aids with your sidewall height in airing down. Look at something with an XL load rating too

XJLI

Adventurer
I’d go with the Michelin Defenders in 255/55-20. If all your off road is just sand, you don’t need an aggressive tire. Yea, they’re expensive but they are GREAT tires. I wish I could get them in 19s and XL. If you want to not spend as much, you can get Falken Wildpeak AT trails in the same size.

I can’t even recommend Coopers after my experience with their tires and their customers service. They pretty much don’t believe in using their tires off road.

howirolla

Campfire Passport
I just posted about this in another thread so my apologies if I’m over posting. The 18” steel wheels that lucky8 and AB offer will fit, just make sure the wheel weight placement is done right or have someone who’s willing to work with you when mounting/balancing to get it right, and I assume the same for any of the other 18” options that will fit over the brembos.
01443DC8-1835-40B6-B9E4-46E409ADED45.jpeg

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
Sorry to nudge this thread to zombie status but I'm considering a 5.0 SC RR l322, so I guess 2009-2012. Still can't find a lock of info about whether you can run 18" rims on these trucks given the caliper clearances. I know the earlier 4.2 SC has a couple of options out there. Anybody out there know what's up?

nickw

Adventurer
I’d go with the Michelin Defenders in 255/55-20. If all your off road is just sand, you don’t need an aggressive tire. Yea, they’re expensive but they are GREAT tires. I wish I could get them in 19s and XL. If you want to not spend as much, you can get Falken Wildpeak AT trails in the same size.

I can’t even recommend Coopers after my experience with their tires and their customers service. They pretty much don’t believe in using their tires off road.
I see the Defenders recommended a lot, which ones? They have more than (1) "Defender" model:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger