Sankey (wide track) trailer conversion

FrenchyGagnon

The extendable tongue is a nice idea, the tongues on these are so short that they are really tough to reverse. Since the surge brake is gone are you going to install electrics?

Looking forward to seeing your drawers.

Eventually planning on changing the axel with electric brake and match the 4Runner wheels. Will prob have to modify the suspension too as it has 3/4 ton capacity and once build will never come close to that weight.
The longer tongue also improved highway speed tracking.

FrenchyGagnon

Nice find. I have been looking for a Sankey or a Canadian M101 for 2 years with no luck. Only one i found the guy wanted 3k for :D. Will follow this

I found this one in Calgary for 2k...not bad when you consider that the cheap Crappy Tire trailers go foe 1500$

FrenchyGagnon

I haven't had time to give any updates on the build, but there it is. Took it on some pretty rough Oregon trails and performed great. We love the large CVT RTT.
I still have a few mods / improvements to make.

Attachments

• IMG_1704.jpg
    IMG_1704.jpg
    509.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1702.jpg
    IMG_1702.jpg
    577.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1701.jpg
    IMG_1701.jpg
    574.2 KB · Views: 25

meatblanket

Adventurer
Love the 1UpUSA bike rack in front. Mine's in back, and I have trouble keeping enough tongue weight on the front to make it pull nicely. Between putting the bike rack up front and the extendable tongue, that solves the issue. Very nice!

FrenchyGagnon

It is still a bit light in the front but pulls nicely. My plan is to build a trailer tongue box that will go over the bike rack attachment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78