Sawtooth Unlimited - Off Road Pop Top Camper Trailer

ITTOG

First few welds. This was on 110. I am having 220 installed soon.

I already repaired our wrought iron fence and my son's soccer goal. IMG_20190505_171447.jpgIMG_20190505_171453.jpgIMG_20190505_171500.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

ITTOG

Not bad for 110, Looks cold though. Crank up the heat :)
I thought I needed to but to be honest I was just trying to get the motion down. I found it difficult to get a smooth even movement. I think I welded about five feet total. Only had one day to do it so far.

Last edited:

ITTOG

The automatic settings always seem to need a little tweaking but are a good place to start.
That will be the next step. But waiting for 220.

What do you guys use to cut your metal. I was going to use an abrasive disc on my miter saw but the welding shop here suggested a special chop saw (lower rpm's) with a saw blade with teeth.

jwiereng

Horizontal bandsaw.

I don’t like to be covered with the dust generated from cutting wheels.

You can walk away from band saw and it will stop when finished, allowing you to do other tasks at the same time.

spressomon

Expedition Leader
I use a metal specific chop saw and I used to have a horizontal band saw (preferred for most metal cuts). Using an angle grinder works...but it gets old in a hurry.

FWIW I hated the aluminum spool gun when I had my MM252. I actually am better and faster using my GTAW on aluminum; its actually fun to use. Just my $.02.

azscotts

Observer
That will be the next step. But waiting for 220.

What do you guys use to cut your metal. I was going to use an abrasive disc on my miter saw but the welding shop here suggested a special chop saw (lower rpm's) with a saw blade with teeth.

I bought a Harbor Freight chop saw and replaced the disc with a good 10" Dewalt cutting disc. Performed fairly decent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears