Scepter MFC surplus

matseel

Good fine. Ordered 4 today....geez I should borrow a trailer and head north :)

Thanks for taking the time to post...i enjoy reading the forums

matseel

rajin cajun

Adventurer
Update

Received my MFC.........It's beat up on the outside, but its inside what counts. Needs a new flange and gasket.

Look forward to receiving my NEW MFC from VanGo......

VanGo

Explorer
Received my MFC.........It's beat up on the outside, but its inside what counts. Needs a new flange and gasket.

Look forward to receiving my NEW MFC from VanGo......

You will NOT be disappointed... I have one matching can left here at that garage if you would like it....:sombrero:

Van

Last edited:

ExpoScout

Explorer
I'm not saying this in an attempt to circumvent the "law", but what would (in theory) stop me from having a Canuck friend buy some new MFC's and ship them to me? AFAIK it wouldn't be illegal for them to ship empty plastic containers across the border, being that I could technically be using them for anything.

WeeJeep2

Adventurer
I got my shipment of 4. They carry manufacture dates of 1987 and 1989. The are well used but servicable. Looks like a lot of UV exposure on the upper surfaces. All that is left of the red straps that hold the cap to the tank is the ring around the tank neck. Seals look to be in ok condition. Happy to have them as spares, but not worried anyone is going to want to steal one off the back of my rig.

pluton

Adventurer
Caution on the Scepter cans...

Just a FYI: the Scepters use different cap gaskets for Diesel vs. gasoline. If you use the Diesel gaskets with gas(as I unknowingly did once), the intended-for-Diesel gaskets will disintegrate over a period of months. I don't know if the "petrol" gaskets work, or don't work, with Diesel fuel. Also, the Scepters leak vapor(not liquid) when filled, so they'll stink up any location you use for storage. The NATO metal cans seal better.

Bella PSD

Explorer
Just bought 7 shipped to US address for $236.00 US. Thanks for posting....That came to $33 for each one shipped:drool:

Louie

Last edited:

Bella PSD

Explorer
Just bought 7 shipped to US address for $236.00 US. Thanks for posting....That came to $33 for each one shipped:drool:

Louie

Update on my order from Hero Army Surplus

7 cans were shipped for $239 but customs added $45 to the deal. Just opened up the box and I'll need 5 Scepter MFC Flanges at $10 each, 2 rubber (diesel) seals at $5 each and 3 straps at $5 each. That adds another $85 to the total with shipping. So I am now looking at $369 total or $52.71 for each of the (7) I ordered (shipped).

Louie

Last edited:

DCH109

Adventurer
Awesome.
While I have 4 of the Nato cans from Atlantic British, before they changed vendors it seems. I grabbed 2 of these.

nice find.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12