Schutt Industries - Xventure Owners

If anyone has a lead on a stripped down XV1 or XV2 on the west coast shoot me a dm. Looking for something to tow behind my E350 that’s a little bit narrower than the M1102 I currently have. Thanks!

Kingsize24

If anyone has a lead on a stripped down XV1 or XV2 on the west coast shoot me a dm. Looking for something to tow behind my E350 that’s a little bit narrower than the M1102 I currently have. Thanks!

You need this thing!

exoffroad

Does anyone have a Schutt XV-2 with terrible trailer sway? I can't go above 55 MPH until it starts wobbling back and forth significantly. Does anyone have any advice on how to stop this? Thank you so much

Does anyone have a Schutt XV-2 with terrible trailer sway? I can't go above 55 MPH until it starts wobbling back and forth significantly. Does anyone have any advice on how to stop this? Thank you so much
That is typically caused by too much weight being behind the axle. Reorganize your gear with the heavy stuff forward of the tires.

eatSleepWoof

Do it for the 'gram

Load more weight in front of the axle, as far forward as you can. Ensure trailer is level. Ensure tire pressure is equal side to side and not over/under inflated for the weight.

TwinStick

Explorer
Not sure what is going on but something doesn't seem right. Has it ever been in an accident ?

I was doing 70 mph in our 2019 ZR2 Colorado diesel and someone passed us like we were parked on the side of the road, doing about 90 & was towing an X-Venture X2. It was not swaying at all.

Is trailer sitting level with the ground when towing ? It should be.

Is it possible that the wind is getting under the rt tent and unweighting the tongue weight/hitch ?

Is it possible that the tow vehicle is squatting too much ?

Everything should be level with the ground when towing. 2 different heights is fine, as long as both are level with the ground.

Is tongue weight 15% of trailer weight ? It should be. I have towed the military trailers at 55 & no issues. Tracked straight. Something is amiss. Let us know if you figure it out please.

I am curious about the cause of your issues.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12