Scorpion ATR's vs. cooper zeon LTZ's

Krisbarger

Observer
So hard to answer. I had ZERO noise issues with my Coopers and when I sold them I had over 40,000 miles on them, but that was me. Maybe you are more akin to the minor road noise the tires produce. I never noticed any, because I started out from day one with the Nitto's, then went to the Coopers which seemed smoother. I am more sensitive to road feel than road noise. I have either a family full of talkers, or a thumping stereo going at all times, and often had the sunroof open too.

We are coming from the stick conti 4x4 contacts. They are just about toast and I have 38,000 on them.

I think the most Versatile choices come down to the coopers and the ATR's. I'm just not sure which would be the best for us. We want some off road ability but we don't really want the noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nwoods

Expedition Leader
You don't state where you are from, but if you are near a location with a local Land Rover club, go drive some's LR3 with the Coopers or whatever and compare.

Krisbarger

Observer
You don't state where you are from, but if you are near a location with a local Land Rover club, go drive some's LR3 with the Coopers or whatever and compare.

Atlanta area... (Bremen, GA)

Found the coopers :30 min away for $1,080 installed local.

Found the ATR's for $1,160 from discount. I travel so the nationwide balancing is a big plus. Also, three is a $60 mail in rebate from Pirelli. I might even get the $100 off july 4 special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I know one guy in Atlanta with an LR3 on Coopers, but his personality is not conducive to being helpful (at least online). Might try discoweb or one of the forums listed on this post to see if there is anyone local to you that can give you a road test: http://lr3tips.wordpress.com/top-sites/

Krisbarger

Observer
I know one guy in Atlanta with an LR3 on Coopers, but his personality is not conducive to being helpful (at least online). Might try discoweb or one of the forums listed on this post to see if there is anyone local to you that can give you a road test: http://lr3tips.wordpress.com/top-sites/

I think I may just give the ATR's a try. They have pretty good reviews and we don't do real heavy wheeling anyway. The reviews say they are quiet and get 50k miles plus are good on road and trails. They may serve us well. I can find big chains that carry them and we travel everywhere so discount tire may be our best bet also. Tires really are a challenge for this Rover 😰 but I still love it.

Thanks for all your help! You have been very responsive and helpful 😃

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179