seanpistol's 01 Tundra

ilazonic

Adventurer
Looking good! Are you, and anyone else running 35s on stock LCA, worried about the "L bracket" that connects the lower ball joint to the LCA failing under 35s? If so, would a gusset for the L bracket be worth the time to fabricate up? That one piece always looked sketchy to me, but maybe its a problem that doesn't exist.

11425760_10206781380431538_5921328458971382878_o.jpg

I been running 35's for over 160k on my tundra never had a problem with lower ball joint ( they do wear out after while but that's it)

seanpistol

Explorer
Couldn't get into someone else's project and let what I've built and maintained go. Tundra not for sale, SACed Tacoma for sale.

I don't ever post on here (I should probably start a build thread for my 05 tundra DC). But, I'm very happy to see the continuation of this build. As cool as the SAS'd taco is/was, I've become very partial to 1G tundras. And this build keeps me excited to eventually tub my truck to run mid travel and 35s. Keep up the good work!

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Couldn't get into someone else's project and let what I've built and maintained go. Tundra not for sale, SACed Tacoma for sale.

Welcome back!! I'm guessing SA tundra after having a taste of it or keeping IFS? Either way, excited to see where you go now. !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seanpistol

Explorer
Thanks guys.

In the past couple weeks I learned a **** ton about the right way to put a solid axle under a vehicle and there was enough stuff I wanted to change on the Tacoma that I may as well of started fresh. I thought I'd prefer the narrower Tacoma cab, but it ends up I really like the V8 and suicide doors on the access cab. Another big deal for me is reliability, and its taken me 6 years to get to this point with the Tundra. Don't want to start over.

Not sure what's in the future, but probably something. Maybe a 3-linked Dana 60 and 14 bolt rear, sitting as low as possible on 40s?

Also been reading more into long travel. A 3.5" per side kit on 37s would be a good time.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Thanks guys.

In the past couple weeks I learned a **** ton about the right way to put a solid axle under a vehicle and there was enough stuff I wanted to change on the Tacoma that I may as well of started fresh. I thought I'd prefer the narrower Tacoma cab, but it ends up I really like the V8 and suicide doors on the access cab. Another big deal for me is reliability, and its taken me 6 years to get to this point with the Tundra. Don't want to start over.

Not sure what's in the future, but probably something. Maybe a 3-linked Dana 60 and 14 bolt rear, sitting as low as possible on 40s?

Also been reading more into long travel. A 3.5" per side kit on 37s would be a good time.

My buddy billy from brute force is doing just that for his 2nd gen taco. 1tons 3 link front and rear. Sitting as low as possible on 40s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FJR Colorado

Explorer
Good call, Sean. I know I looked hard at Tacomas when it came time to replace my old beloved T100.

While Tacos are great trucks, nothing beats a 1st Gen Tundy with a 4.7L.

If I ever had to replace my FJC (hopefully not!), I might consider a Taco.... But I gotta have my Tundra regardless... NON-negotiable!

dyogim

Explorer
BENTUP.COM hmm aren't you one of the first few guys who did SAS on a 1st gen tundra years ago? I think you are in SF bay area right?

I am. Bentup.com is no longer in business. However, AJ I believe still does side jobs. At the time, I was #5 of the SAS group. I'm in the East Bay Area (Concord/Antioch area aka. Co. Co. County)

trailscape

Explorer
Glad you came to your senses. Haha. I think you would really missed that one once it was gone. Too much of your own sweat into it making it what it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998