SEMA Show 2023

toddz69

Explorer
This is the Friday/Sunday End of Event Mentality.....They literally think and express that since it's the end of the event AND you don't want to take all your displays, inventory, etc....back home that you'll deeply discount it or just give it to them. Heck, some will actually get into an argument with you about it because they "know" the trade show industry. Some of the most memorable times at shows was the end of show shut-down.
I can understand the "end of event" mentality. I have a friend who has made some unbelievable deals on Friday afternoons at the show over the years, but stealing stuff is on another level.

Todd Z.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
I can understand the "end of event" mentality. I have a friend who has made some unbelievable deals on Friday afternoons at the show over the years, but stealing stuff is on another level.

Todd Z.
Event theft is whole other thing. 2018 was the first year that we started seeing serious theft at the OE and other off-road/overland events. While we lost several hundreds of dollars in theft at that show there was several large vendors that lost thousands of dollars of gear. Prior to that we never lost or heard of theft, since then we lose several demos each show...

Last edited:

jscherb

Expedition Leader
For the second year in a row, I believe there were more Broncos at SEMA than Wranglers (I didn't do a formal count but I'm pretty sure I'm right). For a long time I've been urging MORryde to offer a no-drill kit for installing their Trail Kitchen in the new Bronco. The head of MORryde product engineering was at the show so I lobbied hard with him to make the project a priority. They definitely want to do it but their engineering resources are very busy with other projects so they haven't been able to get to this one yet.

I believe a no-drill kit for the Bronco would be a minor adaptation of the JL Wrangler version so I offered that if they sent me the JL no-drill kit I would drop by my local Ford dealer, set the JL kit in the Bronco and figure out what would have to change to make a Bronco no-drill kit.

The JL no-drill kit arrived today so I guess I'll be paying a visit to the local Ford dealer this coming week.

JLNoDrillKit.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior