Show me your Overlanding appliances/gear

Mules

Fridge:
Iceco JP42 Fridge/Freezer/Cooler.

Since it's Rotomolded like a Yeti, it will hold ice for days, without power.

Sometimes I put it in the back and sometimes I put it in the front.

IMG_7247.JPGIMG_8369.JPGIMG_8303.JPG

Last edited:

Mules

Power Supply:
Pecron E600LFP power supply/solar generator. I haven't added solar collectors yet.

It has an extremely fast charging rate, a large inverter and is inexpensive. I love it, but I might go for the larger size next time like the Pecron E2000FLP. I occasionally have to idle my truck to charge the power supply. Not a big deal.

IMG_8373.JPGIMG_8291.JPG

Last edited:

Mules

Electric cooking inside my camper:

I primarily use a little 120v electric skillet. I think it's 500 watts and works great. I also put my coffee pot on the skillet.

I also have a 12 volt skillet, that I can run from the pickup's cigarette lighter if needed. It works, just much slower.

I might redo my kitchen in the future with a singe burner induction stove and small 700 watt microwave.

IMG_8549.JPGIMG_8473.JPGIMG_7682.JPGIMG_8244.JPG

Last edited:

Mules

Storage Containers:
Storage is Frontrunner. They fit nicely in the back or on top of the folded back cab seats of the Gladiator. They also come in handy as a table, and a stool/step ladder to stand on and pull down the popup.

IMG_7869.JPG

IMG_8149.JPGIMG_8475.JPG70630541112__4CE2EFA9-8AC8-4C4F-9623-DC3D1257AA3F 2.JPG

Last edited:

Mules

Chairs:
I absolutely love these folding Frontrunner Chairs. Two of them fold into a small bag. They are also tall enough for a 6'2" 210 lb dude like me, and I think they will last a very long time.

IMG_7493.JPG

Mules

Real Power:
I usually don't need this for camping, but when I pull out the power tools, a gas generator comes in handy. Nice to have when I'm working on the shed/cabin in the woods. Craftsman 3000i. Nice and quiet, and a good backup for occasional power outages at home.

IMG_7502.JPG

simple

Adventurer
What burner are you using and how small does it fold up?
Would it hold a wok nicely?
Is it mild steel or aluminum?
I've had a steel one for a long time but it is super corroded from crab pots that always seem to boil over. It also doesn't fold up which makes it bulky to pack around.

Mules

What burner are you using and how small does it fold up?
Would it hold a wok nicely?
Is it mild steel or aluminum?
I've had a steel one for a long time but it is super corroded from crab pots that always seem to boil over. It also doesn't fold up which makes it bulky to pack around.
It's a Discada Burner from Southwest Disk. It's extremely high BTU and folds up pretty small. I bought this setup thinking I would camp with it, but it's overkill when I camp alone. It's great for cooking for a group though.

I even made a wood table top for it.

IMG_7402.JPGIMG_7415.JPGIMG_7416.JPGIMG_7493.JPG
IMG_7418.JPG

Last edited:

Mules

Sleeping Bags:

I love my old school Coleman canvas/cotton sleeping bags. I zip two singles together to make a double bag. They're not high tech and kind of bulky, but boy are they comfortable.

I actually helped design one of the machines that made this Coleman sleeping bag, so Coleman sent me some bags 20 years ago as a thank you. I can't give them up!

IMG_7372.JPG

Mules

Mattress:

I went with a 4" thick Memory Foam Mattress. It's pretty comfortable for only 4" thick. My advice is to get the best mattress your space will allow. Be careful as a lot of pop-tops can only fit a thin mattress.

After spending thousands on the camper, you might as well be comfortable sleeping.

Be careful not to get Memory Foam if it will be freezing in your camper. Memory Foam gets stiff at cold temps.

IMG_7355.JPGIMG_7356.JPGIMG_7357.JPGIMG_7358.JPGIMG_7363.JPGIMG_7364.JPGIMG_7366.JPG

Mules

Big storage:

Kobalt rolling tool boxes fit almost perfectly in the back of the Gladiator! And they kept my cloths and food goods dry on rainy/snowy ski trips to the Rockies. That is before I built the camper.

IMG_3449.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan