Show me your Overlanding appliances/gear

Mules

Not sure what everyone else is doing for cooking fuel storage....but I stumbled on this setup and I love it.

Cool idea to store propane canisters in PVC Pipe. You could skip the nice metal caps and just glue on a PVC cap on the bottom and leave the top one loose. They usually fit pretty tight anyway.

Screen Shot 2024-01-11 at 6.29.23 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-01-10 at 6.15.54 PM.png

Last edited:

Mules

Storage bags:

Harbor Freight $7 Tool Bags. They are cheap, durable and the right size to store in my cabinet or under the seats. It's handy to pack them in the house, and bring them in the camper. I use one for the kitchen items (hot plate, coffee pot, dishes, utensils, paper towels), one for dry goods, one for camp stuff (charcoal, lighter fluid, hatchet, tarp), and one for toiletries. I leave the tops open so I can grab items under the seats.

If I'm cooking on an open fire or picnic table, I just grab a couple bags and take them to the table.

IMG_8369.JPGIMG_8373.JPG

ITTOG

I have never taken pictures of my gear. At least not that I am aware of. So this is my stove, from an internet pic.
OIP.UoUGOmgu21Txtoaf34qK7wHaHD

I don't think I use anything special.

Mules

I have never taken pictures of my gear. At least not that I am aware of. So this is my stove, from an internet pic.
OIP.UoUGOmgu21Txtoaf34qK7wHaHD

I don't think I use anything special.
You can't go wrong with an all metal Vintage Coleman stove. Old School Cool!

Mules

Camper Leveling:

Low tech 2"x6" wood blocks tied together with bungee. I pull up to the most level spot, look at the gradient on the Gladiator Dash, and put the number of blocks I need under the low tires. Cheap and easy.

IMG_7508.JPGIMG_8452.JPG

ITTOG

Camper Leveling:

Low tech 2"x6" wood blocks tied together with bungee. I pull up to the most level spot, look at the gradient on the Gladiator Dash, and put the number of blocks I need under the low tires. Cheap and easy.

View attachment 814847View attachment 814848
I like those blocks. I have carried 2x12's with me and they are too big and heavy. I just have never taken the time to switch. However, I did get different ones for this year to try. They are similar to these.
104623_3.jpg

I just saw these online a few days ago. I don't recall where I saw them so sorry for not siting the source. They look very interesting though. https://www.vanlifeoutfitters.com/store/flat-jack-air-tire-level/
leveling-block-alternatives-920x690.jpg

Mules

I like those blocks. I have carried 2x12's with me and they are too big and heavy. I just have never taken the time to switch. However, I did get different ones for this year to try. They are similar to these.
104623_3.jpg

I just saw these online a few days ago. I don't recall where I saw them so sorry for not siting the source. They look very interesting though. https://www.vanlifeoutfitters.com/store/flat-jack-air-tire-level/
leveling-block-alternatives-920x690.jpg
Take some pics when you use your new blocks!

Mules

It’s a bit cold in St.Louis this weekend so I figured I’ll test out the diesel heater. 15 degrees F outside and 68 degrees in the camper.

Also testing for Carbon Monoxide and so far all is great.

IMG_9549.jpegIMG_9517.jpeg

Mules

It's -12 Degrees F or -25 Degrees C this morning in Missouri. It's a great day to test the Diesel Heater!

Only one problem, it didn't work!. My Pecron Power supply only works down to -20 C. Good thing I'm not camping today!!!

Keep your powder dry and your Lithium Power supply warm!

Brrrr...

Screen Shot 2024-01-14 at 9.17.49 AM.pngIMG_9527.JPG

Dave in AZ

It's -12 Degrees F or -25 Degrees C this morning in Missouri. It's a great day to test the Diesel Heater!

Only one problem, it didn't work!. My Pecron Power supply only works down to -20 C. Good thing I'm not camping today!!!

Keep your powder dry and your Lithium Power supply warm!

Brrrr...

View attachment 815096View attachment 815097
Doh!! I just looked and my Pecron s1500LFP has same -20c or -4f limit! I didn't expect it would cut off power though. Great tip! Maybe I should drive with power station in cab, then move to camper once parked, so I can get heater going! Thx for the tip, I have a trip to/from Denver this week, this could be a player!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior