Show me your Overlanding appliances/gear

Mules

Doh!! I just looked and my Pecron s1500LFP has same -20c or -4f limit! I didn't expect it would cut off power though. Great tip! Maybe I should drive with power station in cab, then move to camper once parked, so I can get heater going! Thx for the tip, I have a trip to/from Denver this week, this could be a player!
Leaving the power supply in the cab is a great idea. You could always warm up the cab with the trucks heater to get the power supply running.

Mules

Winch:

Warn VR EVO 10 ton. Being a farm boy I grew up using come-alongs and winches quite a lot. Since we were always driving around in the fields taking care of cattle and crops, we quite often got our trucks and occasionally a tractor stuck. I also use them often to clear roads from fallen trees. It's a lot faster to pull a tree from the road than cut it up with a chainsaw.

I've been using Warn for decades and have them on my side by sides also. A couple years ago I flipped my side-by side over in the woods and used the winch to pull it upright. You can even lift a deer into the bed, if you throw the line over a tree limb.

Lastly I end up pulling more vehicles out of ditches, than I actually pull my own truck out.

The only thing I am on the fence about is the Synthetic Line on my Warn. I like it because I don't cut up my hands on broken wires like on a steel line. The problem is that the synthetic rope gets stuck when spooled up easier. I would buy this again.

I don't use it often, but when you're the only one around with a winch, you make friends quickly!

I forgot one thing! We even pulled a couple calves out using winches. Now that's a sight you never forget.

IMG_9553.JPG

Last edited:

ITTOG

A couple years ago I flipped my side-by side over in the woods and used the winch to pull it upright. You can even lift a deer into the bed, if you throw the line over a tree limb.

Lastly I end up pulling move vehicles out of ditches, than I actually pull my own truck out.

The only thing I am on the fence about is the Synthetic Line on my Warn. I like it because I don't cut up my hands on broken wires like on a steel line. The problem is that the synthetic rope gets stuck when spooled up easier. I would buy this again.
Been there, done that. https://forum.expeditionportal.com/threads/ittogs-overlanding-trips.211456/post-2910085 Also on the pulling others out.

I have similar thoughts about synthetic but prefer it getting stuck over cutting or impaling my hands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior