Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

BlairB

Observer
Here are a few photos of my 4Runner from this week. Spent 4 days adventuring around Joshua Tree- beautiful but busy! (I know the 15 gallons of gas was overkill but we were originally heading to Arizona to do the Great Western Trail, but changed our minds mid-route :D )

CejlWRN.jpg

fROIm9e.jpg

Last edited:

TexasTundra

Observer
Just completed a binge rebuild session over the Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Years breaks. Did lights, brakes, suspension, axles, wheels and tires. First time doing some of that sort of work myself and I am exhausted, but loving the results. Here are some before and after shots (sorry for the crappy driveway photos).

Before 1.jpg

Before 5.jpg

After 1.jpg

After 2.jpg

After 7.jpg

flash9588

North American Overland
Man, I'd really like to know the brand of the roof rack you're running. As far as I can tell I've never seen this design.

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
This guy knows how to make lemonade...

There are quite a few Tacomas in my apartment complex. I had seen the DCSB down the parking lot from me with the color-matching ARE topper many times. Nothing special, all stock-appearing.

Then about 3-4 weeks ago I was out walking and saw it had been seriously rear-ended. The right rear corner of the bed was crushed in so far that the ARE topper was broken and shredded as well. The crumpled tailgate, busted rear window, and various pieces of bed and topper were all thrown in the bed, making the 'busted wide-open' looking rear that much sadder. I walked around the front and saw some bumper damage there as well, probably from being pushed into another vehicle when it was hit from behind. All I could think was 'What a damn shame'...

And then I walked out into the rain this past Saturday morning and beheld its rebirth. I'm sure the owner would rather have his undamaged truck back, but I thought this was a nice way of saving its dignity and making the most of those lemons.

IMAG0072_zpsqks7hk2y.jpg~original

At some point I'll go back and get a better picture.

wooley

G'day guys,

Though I'd post some pics of my Australian trucks.

First is our Prado, 3L D4D, beautiful vehicle to drive on and offroad, and will go wherever you point it with no problems...

1505199_10152483550368015_7084287797600255957_n.jpg

556523_10150871057468015_631534768_n.jpg

36561_10151101770129366_500471353_n.jpg

Have just added a Hilux to the stable, 4L V6, and I reckon kicks the diesels *** in all aspects, power, mpg, drivability.

Not sure what we'll do with it yet, but after seeing a lot of Tacoma LWB DC's I'm tempted to take to the chassis with an angle grinder and extend it to fit an extra cab or single cab tub on.

A Prado transfer case conversion to make it constant 4wd is also quite likely along with the standard lift, tyres, etc.

11221566_10153674633178746_3886081860039700975_o.jpg

Cheers,

wooley

Wisco

Observer
My new-to-me '97 SR5:

3.4, 5 speed, 265/75's, Addicted Offroad front bumper with a 9k lb TD Industrial winch.

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
...Have just added a Hilux to the stable, 4L V6, and I reckon kicks the diesels *** in all aspects, power, mpg, drivability...

Cheers,

wooley

Great pictures, wooley. Considering how we in the U.S. bemoan the fact that Toyota won't sell us a diesel 4x4 I'm really interested in your remarks.

Is the 1GR-FE 4.0L V6 really that much of an improvement over the 1KD-FTV 3.0L 4cyl? Any insights/specifics are appreciated.

And please come back with more Hilux pics as you make changes/updates to your new truck!

:beer:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears