Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Boat stall runabout.

qNpv0kT.jpg

New BDR weapon.

SRBTchp.jpg
Boat stall runabout? How big is your boat stall? lol

TwinDuro

Gonna bump the ol' thread yet again. Have been really enjoying tooling around on this 30 year old XR650L. Even on 50/50 Kendas with kinda-tall gearing, I continue to be impressed by it. It's definitely more then the sum of it's parts and spec sheet, as are many old-style air-cooled off-road bikes I feel....

Maybe I like it so much because it's the spiritual equivalent of my 30'ish year old pickup truck... Nothing to write home about, outdated to the max, reliable as hell (except for the starter) but hilariously effective in the right hands... or so I tell myself. 🤣

1994 XR650L .jpeg

Journey11

2007 BMW F650 GS Dakar
16T front sprocket, fork emulators, pivot pegs, custom windshield with phone mount & charging.
This bike has changed my life in such a positive way, I cant think of a better all around bike to have, it goes anywhere I tell it and has never let me down.

Attachments

• Dog Creek.jpg
    Dog Creek.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 15

Tex68w

Beach Bum
How's the KTM been for reliability?

Not the same class, but I keep looking at 890 Adventures... Among others, haha

I've had multiple KTM's dating back to 2003, the 890 Adventure R being one of them. As far as Enduro's and Adventure bikes go they are one of if not the best in multiple areas. Worst issue I've ever had on any of them was a leaky master cylinder which was replaced for free out of warranty mind you. Obviously Husqvarna and Gas Gas get lumped into the same brand these days so keep that in mind should orange not be a color you prefer haha. The BMW GS/GSA is the only other adventure bike I have on my radar for the foreseeable future and it wouldn't replace anything, it would be an addition to the stable. Buy with confidence.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
The BMW GS/GSA is the only other adventure bike I have on my radar for the foreseeable future and it wouldn't replace anything, it would be an addition to the stable. Buy with confidence.
Yep. More looking at ADV bikes. But can't seem to decide between a Moto Guzzi V85TT, 890 Adventure R, Tiger 900 Rally Pro or see what this new GS900 is all about. GS1300 looks awesome but, probably more bike than I need.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Yep. More looking at ADV bikes. But can't seem to decide between a Moto Guzzi V85TT, 890 Adventure R, Tiger 900 Rally Pro or see what this new GS900 is all about. GS1300 looks awesome but, probably more bike than I need.

The new GS 900 is intriguing but I don't see it or any other bike in that category dethroning the 890, the Ducati is a close second. Guzzi makes unique bikes but that wouldn't even be in my top 5. Tiger Rally Pro IMHO comes in at a strong third and I am a Triumph fan, I've had more than a few over the years.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
The new GS 900 is intriguing but I don't see it or any other bike in that category dethroning the 890, the Ducati is a close second. Guzzi makes unique bikes but that wouldn't even be in my top 5. Tiger Rally Pro IMHO comes in at a strong third and I am a Triumph fan, I've had more than a few over the years.
I like the 890 but for me it's a bit of a ride to get to some off pavement areas. From what I've read the Tiger would be better for the hour or more I'd have to travel on highway.... But the 890 is much better once you get off pavement....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior