SIMEX tires

bj70_guy

Adventurer
jjwinky said:
I don't need them I just really want them.. seems to be a trend for me.:)

Please go get them and let us know how they work! I've been curious about these since the first time I saw them in Oz. Not too many 35x10.5s available...

Winky

Adventurer
I've got axel looking into shipping prices for me. He does some sick stuff with his rubi on those tires...

Josh

Winky

Adventurer
bj70_guy said:
Please go get them and let us know how they work! I've been curious about these since the first time I saw them in Oz. Not too many 35x10.5s available...

care to contribute to my research fund?:)

Teeniest bits of Simex insight here ...

Norman - of Washbrook.net - has moved back to Australia.

His Outback Challenge partner, Keith Kreutzer, is in Colo. and owns www.rovertracks.com he may be a source for you.

Jim Pendleton ( pendy@pixius.net ) has a set on his D90 that he's thinking of taking off as they're too tall (!?) and he's consistently destroying fron Rover diffs. They might be 35's, I don't recall.

Best,

KAA

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Sometimes the Extreme has been listed as the Centipede.

Extreme Trekker:
extlarg.jpg

Jungle Trekker 2:
JT2larg.jpg

Exteme Trekker 2:
PcImg_SimexExtremeTrekker2Ak.gif

Normanjaws1.jpg

IMG010.JPG

IMG013.JPG

Last edited:

Winky

Adventurer
What do you think the advantage is with the third center lug on the extreme trekkers 2s? I have never seen those before. Great pictures.
Josh

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Might actually be a little quiter. With more center touching the road and less side lug paddles. But that is just a guess.

Also, maybe better wet traction with more biting edges.

I can tell you that if I could pick these up for the same price as readily available tyres like BFG, GY, or Swampers, I'd be running them no matter how loud or short lived they might be.

Even though I love the looks of the Jungle, I hear the Extreme does better in the mud.

These guys have some good info on the simex:

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan