Simple kind of van, a 2006 e150 build thread.

philos

Explorer
I often struggle riding single track stuff on my XR650R, but not in open desert....
I've been coveting a KTM with an electric start for those single track days too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I often struggle riding single track stuff on my XR650R, but not in open desert....
I've been coveting a KTM with an electric start for those single track days too.

Exactly a nice 525 can slot in nicely, and do all the dirt I'd wanna do. It'll come, just gotta get some ducks in a row.

Kinda flipped the script on what's going on. Stars aligned and I scratched together to dough to be able to drop the van off with Jeremy at Weldtec. It's getting the complete 4" suspension system, including steering dampener.

Drove down to San Diego today, dropped off the van, hung out at the shop for a bit, checked out the place, he's got a nice tidy operation with tons of cool stuff floating around. I feel like the van is in the right place to be sorted out. Really looking forward to it. Then we jumped in the family hauler and he brought me 20 miles to the train station so I could catch a ride home.

First class.

philos

Explorer
Not sure if you want em, I've got a set of those CR Lawrence 60/40 windows I installed on my van before I went and bought doors with pop-out windows.
Yours free, they're collecting dust over here.
Saw you mention them in another thread.

And congrats on the Weldtec stuffs... :)

Not sure if you want em, I've got a set of those CR Lawrence 60/40 windows I installed on my van before I went and bought doors with pop-out windows.
Yours free, they're collecting dust over here.
Saw you mention them in another thread.

And congrats on the Weldtec stuffs... :)

thanks for the offer shane,

i think I'm gunna stick to window less on the sides. it makes for a nicer sleeping quarters.

also, super stoked on the weldtec stuff, everything their looks top notch, from the equipment, to the decor (worth the trip just for that), jeremy is a nice guy, takes a lot of time to talk thru things, nothing but good to report so far.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Nice build! Where in OC are you? I work in Irvine and thinking about getting an E150 to sleep in so I don't have to commute to SD and back every day. I'm also a DS rider. Have a DRZ400 that i want to keep in the back of the van to ride around in and take to any local trails around here.

Nice build! Where in OC are you? I work in Irvine and thinking about getting an E150 to sleep in so I don't have to commute to SD and back every day. I'm also a DS rider. Have a DRZ400 that i want to keep in the back of the van to ride around in and take to any local trails around here.

I spend most my time in Costa Mesa at work, but I live in Tustin.

If I had to commute that far, I'd take the train.

couple of update shots from Jeremy @Weldtec Designs came in today, super stoked to see things moving along.

814D4AF2-6FE4-4FC2-B0AB-BE3B9FC9E786_zpsj2pqmjku.jpg

14C0A4E9-253C-4B65-AB7D-9B636D1BFC56_zps4l4jrjqu.jpg

60819134-BE9D-4E14-B2B3-47F28EAEDBA9_zpsq7lb405f.jpg

from what i can see.....
front lift is pretty much done, but shocks aren't installed.
rear leaf springs are out for modification/full length add a leaf, shocks are in, axle hanging by some straps.

really can't wait to drive this thing and take is off some sweet jumps.

got a text yesterday from jeremy @ weldtec design.

van is done, ready for pickup. of course he strategically does this on a TUESDAY, when i have to work all the way til friday, so while I'm doing brakes and suspension on a customers 7 figure car, all I'm thinking about is my barely 5 figure van. i love it.

thanks for the good work jeremy.

this one got
-4" front suspension kit
-fox shocks at all 4 corners
-full length add a leaf
-fox steering dampener kit.

its currently on 265/70-16 toyo open country h/t's, not sure if I'm going to go bigger right yet (these have 1000 miles on em) or not. i do think i will be re gearing to 4.10 gears and adding a trac-lok limited slip, to give me a little posi track action, but not a full out locker. the van has 3.55's currently and its 75mph at 2000 rpm, id like it up a little bit, to about 2500 or so, also want to pick up some off the line, the 4.6 is a little sluggish rolling the bigger tires, and if i change to a bigger size, then it'll be even worse.

9F8A6CD1-CC5E-4E17-A702-9F66DBFEBE51_zpsrhuyawz7.jpg

B3BB9B7B-9E3D-4A3F-8535-0738BB1B8A3C_zpsciot5fgo.jpg

25BAA6DE-0264-4293-B6D8-E0C18E4D7927_zpstnpsegps.jpg

i haven't seen it in person, but in pics it looks pretty dang good. i hope it drives as nice as it looks, and according to jeremy, it does.

will report back saturday after i get it picked up.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears