Skersfan's New Shuttle Pod Trailer Build...

shane4x4

Supporting Sponsor
Fresno, I will remove the breakable stuff, such as fridge, AC, TV, mattress and misc. I honestly do not expect much damage to the trailer, outer skin scratches and scrapes, torn trim and possibly the back door explodes due to real strength integrity, more of shield than anything else.

I expect it will be less than 1500.00 in damaged product, time to fix it is not considered., and it would be worth it to know in honesty.

I want video of this!!

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
Shane you have my word, if I decide to do it I will let you know when and you can come and film it. I just mentioned it to Patti, I did not get an approved look to say the least. We shall see how it holds up over the summer.

wikid

Adventurer
I posting this pic for Bob
He did some off-roading with his trailer, but he didn't mention what trail. From what he said, the trailer performed as it was suppose to and tracked nicely
Stwvg.jpg

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
...I just mentioned it to Patti, I did not get an approved look to say the least...

It's official, Bob. You just thought you were building a trailer, when in reality you were adding a new member to your family, lol. I'd guess your trailer probably has one of the highest SAF ratings (Spousal Acceptance Factor) I've ever seen for anything on two wheels.

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
Pat,

It did quite well on this trail, not one of the toughest trails out there, but enough of a challenge to see how it works. I will make an attempt on John Bull when the snow clears, I have done it several times with my box trailers, but this is another step up. I only have concerns with one area, but will have to get my front locker working first. It did not work this weekend and would have made the main obstacle a lot easier I am sure. I will not take this one down Black Bear I promise you!!!

After further discussion with the wife, she says she understands my thinking or lack there of, that I am completely crazy, but if it is something I really want to do, she will not put me on the couch for it. Understand I am not talking about rolling down a hill over and over, I am talking about a roll like happens on a slow moving trail, more of tip over on its side type of deal, with it ending up on its side or on the top hopefully.

I hope that will satisfy your evil ROLL IT fetish!!!!!

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
Headed over to the RV company for the meeting with the lead engineer this afternoon. Spent the whole morning cleaning the shop to start the second proto, hopefully over the weekend.

Pikeman

Adventurer
Headed over to the RV company for the meeting with the lead engineer this afternoon. Spent the whole morning cleaning the shop to start the second proto, hopefully over the weekend.

Building one for me to test and give feedback on are you.. Well thank you sir. Tell you what I will even wave my normal fee for being part of the test group. LOL

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
Meeting was cancelled until tomorrow morning. Vice president is coming in in the morning, he wants to see it. May all be done tomorrow who knows.

Man the vultures appear out of no where when an idiot makes a move don't they. As stated this is not set in stone, but leaning very seriously to doing it. If we do it it will be on Labor Day weekend at Moab.

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
I met with the RV company on Friday, what I thought would be 15-20 minute chat with the design engineer, turned out to being an hour and half with the owner, the owners brother, Lead Engineer, production manager and marketing VP. It was a very good meeting and the comments were far to good to repeat, actually enought to gag a magot level. I have told them I am building a next generation proto, wider by at least 10 inches in the box area or may go out to the edge of the frame. One question that stuck was from the Production manager, "When can we start building these?". the owner said he wanted to see the new design.

That is where you guys come. I have recieved some very good ideas and have written them down, but now I need new ideas for a larger containment area, anything you would want in my trailer if you were to buy one, anything your family, wife might need to make their camping a better adventure.

Please give me any and all ideas, I am actually playing with an interior potty and shower. If I go the width of the frame I think I can squeeze one in. I know a lot of you guys read the thread, now I need your ideas for development of the next trailer. I will reward you for your ideas, a significant discount on buying a trailer or a cash payment for ideas I use.

Thank you for your interest, the web site is almost done, I will be a vendor on here soon.

java

Expedition Leader
I wouldnt want an indoor potty and shower, if anything a hot water heater and an exterior shower, but thats just my opinion. will just be too cramped and adds a lot of complication if inside

F4B UP

so it's a caravan now!

a little larger, squarer would make better internal dims.leave the potty...how wants to **** where you sleep! external canvas washroom with potty, hot water showers better.

ronner

Agree with Java. Lose the indoor potty / shower, but hot water source with a tap outside for a shower attachment would be great.
I have been following your build with great aniticipation. My biggest concerns are weight, stability, and the ability to handle a narrow / rocky trail. Having the hard sides, the insulation, the kitchen etc. and the ease of setup would appeal greatly to my wife (maybe the most important consideration...)
When you say go to the full width of the frame, are you going to loose the flares? It is really handy to have those external steps and flat fenders to put stuff on. Also it gives the sides a bit of safety factor in narrow trails because of the set back.
Again great build and I am waiting for your next revision.
Ron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears