Ski Bum Truck V2.0, F450 Rough Road RV

Fatboyz

Observer
I'm planning to do a short slide out "porch" on something like a bed slide and have the stairs drop down parallel to the side of the truck. the side of the truck will act like a railing.

java

Expedition Leader
I'm planning to do a short slide out "porch" on something like a bed slide and have the stairs drop down parallel to the side of the truck. the side of the truck will act like a railing.
I wanted to do that as well, just didn't have the vertical room for the slide in the door area. The stairs are really not that bad, better than I expected.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

patoz

Expedition Leader

Like this... I would like to do this also, because I don't like coming out of the doorway and stepping down at the same time. It's even harder for older people. Oh wait, I just turned 65 so I guess that includes me! ?

exp1.jpg

Mine sits a little higher now because I put taller tires on it. But, I also have power steps and my A/C evaporator coil is mounted right behind the steps, so that design wouldn't really work very well for me. BTW, the steps are in the deployed or down position in this picture, and as you can see that is a pretty good drop from the body down to the step.

05 - cropped - 02.jpg

Coachgeo

Explorer
there is always this option.... which honestly..... rather way more practical than funny as these idiots that were high as a kite thought it was

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Build still looks great! Nothing like the PNW in the winter- Keep up the explorations and build. Thank you for the thread, i know they can be laborious to keep up.

I really like the Medium Duty chassis, and Ford did a good job with theirs, as much as it pains me to say. When Chevy did theirs they even made the cabs bigger, not a good ting.

java

Expedition Leader
Build still looks great! Nothing like the PNW in the winter- Keep up the explorations and build. Thank you for the thread, i know they can be laborious to keep up.

I really like the Medium Duty chassis, and Ford did a good job with theirs, as much as it pains me to say. When Chevy did theirs they even made the cabs bigger, not a good ting.
Thank you! Glad your enjoying reading, gives me something to do while the truck is broke. :)

java

Expedition Leader
Such a cool build, just spent 2+ hours binging this thread. Found a few ideas and motivation for our short skoolie.
Glad you got some use out of it! Have a build thread for the skoolie?

java

Expedition Leader
Finally back in the truck. All the up pipes are done, the EGR crossover pipe was blown too. Does not drive much different, EGT's are about 50 degrees cooler or so, but is MUCH quieter in the cab! All the turbo noises come out the back now it seems.

So diesel guys, now that I have my leaks fixed..... Is it worth going to a 4" side exit? Will I find any realistic efficiency gains? I have a 4" DP and 4" pipe where the DPF was, but then necks down the the 3.5" OE from there back.

Great day. We skied, a lot.
46181658214_fea06b3d84_b.jpg

33031348718_e78830ea1c_b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger