Skinny Guy Campers Armor

ARMI_gander

If this rolls off the line for $45k seems like it could be a competitive option . Guessing it will be another Chinese import but who knows
Just wanted to pitch in. As I'm sure you saw in the attached brochure, it's American-made in Indiana. Zero wood, zero framing in the shell, composite panel construction with aluminum extrusions for the exoskeleton. Graeme recently wrote an article for it. :) https://expeditionportal.com/the-skinny-guy-campers-armor-camper-is-getting-attention/

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

Just wanted to pitch in. As I'm sure you saw in the attached brochure, it's American-made in Indiana. Zero wood, zero framing in the shell, composite panel construction with aluminum extrusions for the exoskeleton. Graeme recently wrote an article for it. :) https://expeditionportal.com/the-skinny-guy-campers-armor-camper-is-getting-attention/
Oh know Indiana that's worse then Chinese made 😉 Totally kidding looks like these guys are truly braking the mold and for real unlike the other new IN made off road line. Hope all goes well for Skinny guy as they look promising

Website say 5,640 lbs gvwr. Wonder what dry weight is? Also 10' 2" tall. Wonder if that's to the tipity top of AC. Not sure if most rv garages are 10 feet but if they could get it under 10 feet that might be better. That a bit tall in my book. Very reasonably priced!

ARMI_gander

Website say 5,640 lbs gvwr. Wonder what dry weight is? Also 10' 2" tall. Wonder if that's to the tipity top of AC. Not sure if most rv garages are 10 feet but if they could get it under 10 feet that might be better. That a bit tall in my book. Very reasonably priced!
Yup! The future looks exciting for them. :) I believe the dry weight is around 4k. Yeah, it's to the top of the roof rack, which is taller than the AC. Yeah, that one isn't intended to be a garagable unit. It's a full height interior to keep the wife and kiddos happy. Lol. I'm sure it's too long anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with some shorter units soon, more in line with other mainstream "overlanding" trailers out there.

Not to many 6' moms and kidos out there. I wouldn't worry about length at 20.9 feet. I would shorten this bad boy. Rack looks cool but if you put anything on it at 10" 2" tall that's a top heavy rig going down the trail. I think that's the tallest trailer in this space. They likely worked hard keeping this rig light but that tall one would need a full size truck to tow.

PeteEinMT

Observer
Fills a great Niche. Bunk, Shower and overall pretty simplistic. I've been in all the Imperial trailers and the layouts are very small inside with little room for gear and considering the price, I passed. (We have a dealer here that has all in stock) If I really do some harder trails then Boreas XT on the smaller side or just do an Xventure. For my needs getting down long BLM roads for hunting that typically have Washouts this would be perfect for 2. I have a Bigfoot Beast now and wish it was just a little bigger and had a bunk so really liking this. Bigfoot may be for sale soon!!!

ARMI_gander

Fills a great Niche. Bunk, Shower and overall pretty simplistic. I've been in all the Imperial trailers and the layouts are very small inside with little room for gear and considering the price, I passed. (We have a dealer here that has all in stock) If I really do some harder trails then Boreas XT on the smaller side or just do an Xventure. For my needs getting down long BLM roads for hunting that typically have Washouts this would be perfect for 2. I have a Bigfoot Beast now and wish it was just a little bigger and had a bunk so really liking this. Bigfoot may be for sale soon!!!
Yeah, I'm excited to see where they go with this product line and future ones. :) Their MultiCamp is an XV-2 plus SGC package deal for those more hardcore trails :) I saw they were also highlighted on the latest XOverland podcast.

rehammer81

What kind of suspension is that? I'm having a hard time telling from the one picture. It says independent suspension in the info. Doesn't looking like a trailing arm and doesn't look like a Timbren style. Is it a torsion axle?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior