Skinny Guy Campers Armor

ARMI_gander

Yeah, it's the BAL setup. It's torsion technology, but independent, unlike a torsion axle. It's a respectable design and at least we know it's American made. :) I wouldn't be surprised to see more extreme suspension in the future. But even as-is, the ground clearance and functional rock sliders are awesome. :)

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
I think $45K is nuts for one of these, yes, I bought several houses for that kind of money but they probably build them for less than $12K.

There are several travel trailers with aluminum cages and frames, that you can pick up for 10K or less, then modify them for your needs.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

I think $45K is nuts for one of these, yes, I bought several houses for that kind of money but they probably build them for less than $12K.

There are several travel trailers with aluminum cages and frames, that you can pick up for 10K or less, then modify them for your needs.

I understand where your coming from and if you have the time, tools and skill no doubt you can build a trailer for 12k.

But if your a new company building an off road trailer in the US and pay your employees a livable wage and make a profit to stay in business then 45k seems reasonable to me in this market.

ARMI_gander

I understand where your coming from and if you have the time, tools and skill no doubt you can build a trailer for 12k.

But if your a new company building an off road trailer in the US and pay your employees a livable wage and make a profit to stay in business then 45k seems reasonable to me in this market.
I agree with you. I think it's very reasonable on price, especially for a trailer with zero wood, composite construction and built for off-roading. Their nearest competition is over $100k.... for the same size living space.

I agree with you. I think it's very reasonable on price, especially for a trailer with zero wood, composite construction and built for off-roading. Their nearest competition is over $100k.... for the same size living space.
Yep if I was in the market for a new off-road trailer this would be on top of the list with nothing else honestly even coming close. Made in USA, all composite, sleeps 4, ready to go for less than 50k?! They knocked it out of the park. Haven’t seen this in person but I’ve walked through their truck bed units and was impressed by the construction quality

Even the Chinese made MDC are quite a bit more then these

jd1zzle

Take a look the Braxton Creek bushwhacker campers….these look like a rebadged (albeit beefed up version) of those made in Indiana cheapoes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take a look the Braxton Creek bushwhacker campers….these look like a rebadged (albeit beefed up version) of those made in Indiana cheapoes

Ya those Braxton are low budget but I think these guys have been making truck campers for a bit. Maybe a connection. I need to see one in person

ARMI_gander

Ya those Braxton are low budget but I think these guys have been making truck campers for a bit. Maybe a connection. I need to see one in person
Yeah, I saw that Bontrager Outdoors owns them both. They bought Braxton Creek last year. I bet they whip them into shape. One thing is for sure, the big Armor is nothing like the Bushwhackers. Lol.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral

This pretty much, breaks down to an opinion of value. According to statistical income/asset ranges, I'm in the top or upper 10%, retired and comfortable, not wealthy but far from broke.
When I have purchased any "major" item, I have never made my purchasing decision based on how well a manufacturer paid their labor force, while I have passed up bad actors, prison labor and other dirt bag operators, I don't expect to pay a premium for a company to simply do the right thing.
That trailer is over priced, I say that based on my research on travel trailers for the past year, I'm no expert but not a chump either.
What I see is eye wash, marketing on the "off road-overlanding" concept and expecting about $15,000.00 for the dream.
You can look up the materials to build those cabinets on Amazon, not cheap, but as a builder those units shouldn't be more than $2,000.00.
Notice the suspension, not so much about quality parts from specialized fabricators as the components being made "in-house" with lighter gauge steel, and I doubt the shocks are Bilstein's reservoir types.

As to this market, I'm finding travel trailers at reasonable prices, especially in the used market for late models. You can get a trailer with great bones, well laid out floor plans for under $15,000. Keeping the major appliances you can replace or reinforce cabinets, bedding and bath, you can have it done and going all-in, be under $25,000 for basically a new remodel built for your purpose.
I'm not interested in a new title that means very little in short order or if factory employees can buy new cars every year, or even every 3 years.

jd1zzle

Yeah, I saw that Bontrager Outdoors owns them both. They bought Braxton Creek last year. I bet they whip them into shape. One thing is for sure, the big Armor is nothing like the Bushwhackers. Lol.

It definitely has the same exact floorplan as the Bushwhaker XL bunk model

This pretty much, breaks down to an opinion of value. According to statistical income/asset ranges, I'm in the top or upper 10%, retired and comfortable, not wealthy but far from broke.
When I have purchased any "major" item, I have never made my purchasing decision based on how well a manufacturer paid their labor force, while I have passed up bad actors, prison labor and other dirt bag operators, I don't expect to pay a premium for a company to simply do the right thing.
That trailer is over priced, I say that based on my research on travel trailers for the past year, I'm no expert but not a chump either.
What I see is eye wash, marketing on the "off road-overlanding" concept and expecting about $15,000.00 for the dream.
You can look up the materials to build those cabinets on Amazon, not cheap, but as a builder those units shouldn't be more than $2,000.00.
Notice the suspension, not so much about quality parts from specialized fabricators as the components being made "in-house" with lighter gauge steel, and I doubt the shocks are Bilstein's reservoir types.

As to this market, I'm finding travel trailers at reasonable prices, especially in the used market for late models. You can get a trailer with great bones, well laid out floor plans for under $15,000. Keeping the major appliances you can replace or reinforce cabinets, bedding and bath, you can have it done and going all-in, be under $25,000 for basically a new remodel built for your purpose.
I'm not interested in a new title that means very little in short order or if factory employees can buy new cars every year, or even every 3 years.

Well comparing this new rig to buying a used pos with good bones is kind of silly.

Skilled welders electrician etc need to be paid if you want a solid built trailer.

This is a "retail trailer" forum perhaps your research should be more geared to the DIY forum if you think your going to find a new off road stand up with wet bath for under 40k.

All this said looking a bit closer at this trailer the interior is quite basic. Like to get a closer look at chassis. Red Arc electronics, 3,000 watt inverter, truma combi an AC.

Not saying they are not making a profit but this trailer is not over priced IMAO

It definitely has the same exact floorplan as the Bushwhaker XL bunk model

Looks like it is a beefed up Bushwacker but all the beefed up ness adds up. Truma, red arc, 3,000 watt inverter outdoor and indoor kitchen, AC, rock sliders, rack and 200 watts of solar

Norco Main frame sounds Elkhart ie.

If the chassis is solid I would consider this rig especially if they give a little wiggle room on MSRP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior