Smittybilt RTT on sale for $599

OwyheeMagpie

Adventurer and Explorer
Post up a bunch of pics, I'm curious on the overall build quality. We all know what it looks like so maybe some close ups of the good, bad or just things you notice would be nice. How's the ladder, floor, seams, zippers, windows, ect...? I feel confident my Tepui is good bang for the buck but I've always wondered if the Smittybilt is what we'd expect or if it's actually a good buy, Smittybilt is so hit or miss on things. As long as it keeps you dry I'd say you scored big time! Honestly I think it'll be a fine tent, especially for that killer price.

F40

Adventurer
I've spent about 10 nights in mine since November. No issues to report. The velcro cover seems to keep heavy rain out, I don't like using the bungees in the tent when closing it as they seem to pull at the seam tape. There are some small holes I plan on sealing, but they're mostly covered by the fly, which I need to adjust. The dual sun roofs, LED strip light and boot bag are quite handy.
20160123_103524_zpseleplqlw.jpg

20160123_102523_zpsey15bmiq.jpg

20160123_102505_zpsof8j4yor.jpg

20160123_121158_zps8ct1mzas.jpg

20160123_121459_zpss0ycb88g.jpg

Last edited:

OwyheeMagpie

Adventurer and Explorer
I think that one will treat you fine for sure. I have the Autana because the enclosed room is perfect for changing plus my German shepherd sleeps down there. For size and weight and coming in under a grand I would have actually loved to get a front runner feather lite instead. Non the less I love my Tepui, the customer service is great and they're 30 minutes away if I need parts or accessories.

Perhaps there are variations in materials or QC but judging by the couple photos you posted I'd say it looks pretty comparable to my tent. I think you got a sweet deal!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman