Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

Tkhawk

Adventurer
I can't speak to the annex, but just the tent from the first zipper to climbing in the bed was 12 minutes last time I set it up. It was only my third time.

Arctic Cat

Adventurer
Too cool. I think I could get my wife to go camping with a set-up like that.

Question: From parking the trailer and unzipping the first zipper on the cover, to done with the full tent opening and annex, how long does it take you?

with practice about 20 minutes, the annex once you get the hang of it is a piece cake

Silverback07

Adventurer
Took mine out for 6 days, 5 nights in the Ozark National Forest. Plan was to do the HWM Trail but sadly the water was very low so we just did part of it and then just went exploring... ended up on a few ATV trails which was fun with a trailer. Luckily only had to do an 8 point turn to reverse out of a trail once. Too many downed trees and the bypass was just wide enough (between two huge trees) for a small SXS to fit. Not a truck much less a truck with a trailer. But the trailer worked awesome.

20171006_132542.jpg

High%20Water%20Trail%202017%20%2040.jpg

Tkhawk

Adventurer
Awesome, HWM is high on my list of trips. We're planning on running down to Davey Crockett National Forest weekend after next. Between now and then, I'm going to try to get lights in the trailer and tent and maybe a mount fabed up for my jerry cans.
20171009_214216-2016x1512.jpg

Tkhawk

Adventurer
Anyone run power from the tongue box back to the main box yet? I'm very indecisive about where to drill my holes.

Midnightsun

Adventurer
I have. Went down threw tounge box underneath my fuse box and came back up in back of generator compartment. Used wire loom around all wires no prob also ran 8 gauge for fridge/ freezer. Not sure how close uv looked inside but all corners of compartments are open and easy to run wires threw. I'm about done with the wiring. Installed 2 rocker switch pannels , flood lights on all corners and future power wires , anxious to get my tent.

Tkhawk

Adventurer
Well crap, why did you go and have to say generator? I had all of my wiring figured out until you reminded me I'll need wires to my generator, it's a ways off so I kept forgetting it when thinking of wiring layouts. I guess I'll have to add a hole when that time comes.

I went down in the back corner of the tongue box, straight into the square tube of the tongue. Then drilled a hole horizontally in the frame above an existing hole in the tongue tubing. Then I drilled a hole on the drivers side edge of the main compartment where the gap in the closed corner is for the front of the fender back plate. I'll run power for reverse lights, led tape lights, future fridge, and probably an extra spare.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman