Snorkel fitting

skids

Observer
Has anyone fitted a mk2 snorkel onto a mk2.5 flared arch model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Not sure.

From what I understand (check w/ grasscat on this) the Gen 3 snorkel is a better fit for the gen 2.5. Someone does make a gen 2.5 snorkel but I don't recall who it was. Toasty on 4x4wire among others may know who makes one.

skids

Observer
Thanks for the info about the mk3 fit. The cost of a proper snorkel to be imported is outrages, works out around £450!!

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
Probably not,
you would have to do some modding to the fender flare to get that thing to fit.
Like off-roader said, youre better off fitting a 3rd gen snorkel. Thats what I was going to do until I found a used TJM unit.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
£450 is nuts. And I thought ARB/Airtec snorkels are expensive here in the states. You may be able to find one on ebay. This one in the UK (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mitsubishi-...SM&hash=item33785f85fb&vxp=mtr#ht_1834wt_1139) claims to be compatible with 90-99 Pajero's. Although the one pictured isn't for the blister fender gen 2.5, maybe he does offer the correct one for your rig?

...until I found a used TJM unit.

ding, ding, ding... there you go. TJM makes gen 2.5 snorkels.

skids

Observer
That's the one I found earlier today, but it does state" does not fit flaired arched models" thanks anyway :)

off-roader

Expedition Leader
That's the one I found earlier today, but it does state" does not fit flaired arched models" thanks anyway :)
You're right. I missed that.

BTW, if you're a good fabricator or know someone who is, maybe you can do something like this...
http://www.pajeroclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?t=384

BTW, I'd bend the top so it's vertical and taper the end so it fits a standard ARB/Airtech or TJM snorkel head.

Last edited:

Silverwulf

Adventurer
Snorkels for gen 2.5 are about as rare as seeing bigfoot, elvis and the easter bunny at the same time. I have a 99 and got a gen 3 snorkel from some guy on ebay. came from asia. 190$ shipped to calif. and it got ther in 3 days!. Fitting is more of a pain than having the correct unit. You have to get creative woth the airbox connection. Only other thing is the top of the snorkel is just a tad bit tall on the 2.5.

I have install pics in my pics section and build thread.

BTW Nice truck ;)

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Great news.... If you must have an exact fit snorkel, visit http://www.tjm.com.au/index.php?nr=no#gen_view_sc1.php?sx=SX13751023 and ask about shipping to the US or see if their US.

I did just speak with Wes Carter (wes.carter@tjmusa.com / T: 951-934-7150) and he said they have 2 coming in for a test fitting to verify there are no mods required. One is going to someone in LA who enquired about getting them here and will be helping Wes with the test fit.

I'll also put Adam (SneakyNinja on here & Toasty on 4x4wire) in touch with him. Maybe Adam can send Wes some pics of his install to help with his verification process.:ylsmoke:

Last edited:

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Sent him the pics this morning, you guys should now be able to buy these snorkels for your blister fender trucks no problem. Hopefully they will be reasonably priced like when we did the group buy.

wlcm

Awesome!! I just sent him a note telling him I wanted one

Sent him the pics this morning, you guys should now be able to buy these snorkels for your blister fender trucks no problem. Hopefully they will be reasonably priced like when we did the group buy.

Last edited:

wlcm

Awesome!! I just sent him a note telling him I wanted one. Thanks for your hard work!!

skids

Observer
Snorkels for gen 2.5 are about as rare as seeing bigfoot, elvis and the easter bunny at the same time. I have a 99 and got a gen 3 snorkel from some guy on ebay. came from asia. 190$ shipped to calif. and it got ther in 3 days!. Fitting is more of a pain than having the correct unit. You have to get creative woth the airbox connection. Only other thing is the top of the snorkel is just a tad bit tall on the 2.5.

I have install pics in my pics section and build thread.

BTW Nice truck ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan