Snorkel fitting

KIRK!

Amateur Philosopher
I talked to the U.S. TJM guys last week and they said the Gen2.5 snorkels would be in stock tis week!

SoCalMonty

Explorer
Why are people hell-bent on pre-formed rectangular plastic snorkels? It seems it would be very, very simple (and cost about $75) to make one using 2" thin-walled aluminum pipe and silicone couplings. Why pay $150 or more?!

finished.jpg

196832_10150110761004755_684019754_6477383_7080539_n.jpg

I will be making one for my '95 SR soon, and I would be more than happy to assemble a kit w/ instructions if people with other generations were interested. Rest assured, it won't cost anywhere near 450 pounds. That's absolutely insane.

GrassCat

Adventurer
Why are people hell-bent on pre-formed rectangular plastic snorkels? It seems it would be very, very simple (and cost about $75) to make one using 2" thin-walled aluminum pipe and silicone couplings. Why pay $150 or more?!

1. Because the rectangular plastic snorkels look like they were an OEM accessory and some were.

2. Everyone know a snorkel is a magnet for the opposite sex and pipe just won't get it.

3. It's all about the look and plumbing pipe just won't do it.

4. Pipe looks like a vent for some plumbing fixture under the hood.

5. Pipe is............ I guess I've gone far enough with this, but to each their own. :)

SoCalMonty

Explorer
I will post up the DIY when I do it. I've got a trip to DV/PV in January so it will be before that. I will try to post as much info as I can. :)

I didn't put one on my last trucks because I didn't want to hack into a fender, but this one has some body damage anyway and I don't have to feel guilty. Win! :)

off-roader

Expedition Leader

Because the last I checked I lived in the good ole USA and I can pick and choose my accessories so long as I can afford them LOL!!

Looking forward to your DIY thread.

RichardT

Adventurer
I'm interested to see it done, let me know if you need a hand, maybe I can swing by and help out a bit.

wlcm

Part Number

Sent him the pics this morning, you guys should now be able to buy these snorkels for your blister fender trucks no problem. Hopefully they will be reasonably priced like when we did the group buy.

SneakyNinja...do you have the TJM part number? I spoke to Wes today and he asked if I would look on the forum to see if it was available from the person who installed the snorkel before (as far as I could tell you are the only one who has done it). They have the snorkels in but have yet to do the test fit on an actual truck (guy from the OC was going to go but so far TJM has not been seen the truck). Wes said the prices would be around $350- $380, so a bit pricey.

Thanks,

Chris

SneakyNinja...do you have the TJM part number? I spoke to Wes today and he asked if I would look on the forum to see if it was available from the person who installed the snorkel before (as far as I could tell you are the only one who has done it). They have the snorkels in but have yet to do the test fit on an actual truck (guy from the OC was going to go but so far TJM has not been seen the truck). Wes said the prices would be around $350- $380, so a bit pricey.

Thanks,

Chris

Look on Australian eBay and look up seller "kingsleycrew" I just ordered a snorkel from them 2 days ago. The agreed to ship to me for $350. Can't wait for it to arrive.

wlcm

Thanks Michael...looked kingsleycrew up on ebay and found a ton of stuff but no snorkel. TJM just wanted to confirm part number if sneakyninja had it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior