Snow Peak Addiction

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
I've seen the grate. It's incredibly heavy and expensive. I've been using a 10" square of perforated stainless sheet in mine.

0495dd380488a89b845a538613a6da50.jpg

It weighs next to nothing and served the same purpose. I've cooked over 50 dinners with it and hasn't corroded at all.

872e3ace788fe463b9e862e1516fe7ff.jpg

51c0ae34680b398b289a0862b30d37f5.jpg

As far as size goes I would recommend the LG pit over the medium. For the slight weight penalty it gives you a more cooking area. You also have more options available in regards to mesh grills and pan inserts that only fit the large grill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's pretty clever!

SSSSTFIRE

Adventurer
What did you order? So far the IGT items are underwhelming.

I ordered the long table extension. I'd prefer the length to match my 4 unit IGT vs the shorter regular length extension I have now. But then I'll have both so win win if it ever shows up.

motoz

Adventurer
That's pretty clever!

Thanks mate.

I did the same tweak with my single BBQ box. For this I used a larger diameter mesh and folded it to make a riser.

de771312204054e4f7beafcd5f599240.jpg

It works great for charcoal and heat beads. I also added 6 more air holes to the tray to help keep the fuel burning.

ba72d55e79442b332c42d054630b0bbe.jpg

I also added a little draw handle I found at IKEA.

8b2c3d502af5e6d6e02f45b523307bed.jpg

No more burnt finger tips !!!

:D

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
:wings: Patches should arrive and be ready to order by the end of the week! :clapsmile:

Orders have been shipped out... I should be starting on an new batch this week, get yours while the gettin' is good! Once REI starts shipping the IGT unobtanium its gonna get BUSY-er... that means longer lead times...

Lennart

Adventurer
Did some more DIY on a cover for the gas tanks of the GS-220. When they have almost run out, I can still use them for hours with the little lamp nocturne :)
My father in law made the low one for the smaller canisters out of a solid piece of wood. He was unable to make a large cover out of a solid block on his machine so I did an experiment. What do you think ?

R3mx0I.jpg

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Did some more DIY on a cover for the gas tanks of the GS-220. When they have almost run out, I can still use them for hours with the little lamp nocturne :)
My father in law made the low one for the smaller canisters out of a solid piece of wood. He was unable to make a large cover out of a solid block on his machine so I did an experiment. What do you think ?

R3mx0I.jpg

Thing of beauty!

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
So, I finally got a 4U IGT and LH corner on order from REI. I went on their site today and none of the IGT GEAR is anywhere to be found.... strange.....

Riptide

Explorer
Their SP listings change every day, it seems. They still show the s/s boxes, and the double burner stove, but no tables, legs, or tops...

My 830/660 legs are supposed to arrive in the store next Monday though. I've bought a ton of SP stuff these past few weeks from REI, while they had it. I'm sure the shipping channel will refill; they haven't even officially rolled out the stuff yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan