Snow Peak Addiction

Honu

lost on the mainland
got to say love the style of cooking very primitive but very cool !!!!

what kind of hibachi is that in the bottom ? I know I have seen them before just cant place where ?

considering I have 3 IGT setups now and a Land Lock tent and other things from them I am quite addicted so glad to see others with tons of stuff

how do you like your tarp ? been debating about one of theirs seems like it might block more sun than my kelty setup I have

Lennart

Adventurer
In the bottom is a Lodge Sportsman grill, it's an old school cast iron Hibachi

I really like the tarp. I have a Large so I can comfortably have a cooking and sitting area under it without having to move everything around all the time because the position of the sun changed. UV blocking fabric and overall nicely made.

Wow, 3 IGT setups! I have the large (4 unit) and small (2 unit) frame but of course need to get the 3 unit one at some point in time. How have I managed without it ? :)

Honu

lost on the mainland
ahhhh OK Lodge :) now I remember where I saw them cool hibachi
I used to have a couple Hibachis from Japan over time and a old kamado I used to use from Japan my dad got back in the 1970s :)
one thing about living in the Hawaiian Islands is lots of Japanese stuff I used to use etc..
yeah a 4 IGT and two 2 setups
been using mine at home a ton also ! one I use as a prep table still tweaking how I am setting it up etc..

always fun to see how others use their setups etc...

Hafwit

Adventurer
Wow, 3 IGT setups! I have the large (4 unit) and small (2 unit) frame but of course need to get the 3 unit one at some point in time. How have I managed without it ? :)

I'm curious, are you a Snow Peak dealer in the Netherlands or do you just have an extra million Euros lying around? I have a lot of SP things myself, but they aren't cheap--so I buy them sparingly. If you are buying these things at retail prices, how do you justify so many?

Colby Jack

Traveler
Lennart--

What is that setup you are using with the Partner Stove??? Super cool, with very little horizontal space for grease to sit.

Lennart

Adventurer
I'm curious, are you a Snow Peak dealer in the Netherlands or do you just have an extra million Euros lying around? I have a lot of SP things myself, but they aren't cheap--so I buy them sparingly. If you are buying these things at retail prices, how do you justify so many?

No, I am not a dealer. Snow Peak items are rare as hen's teeth here in the Netherlands. I think I bought my first item (the fireplace) nine years ago and it went down hill from there. The justification is easy, I love it and I use it :)

Honu

lost on the mainland
Do you mail order your stuff then ?
I keep wanting a couple items I see in Japan or Korea they dont seem to export out :(

Would be fun to take a trip to Japan with some money and head to the SP headquarters :)

Last edited:

Hafwit

Adventurer
Make sure you have a lot of money if you want to go to Japan. Prices there make expensive things here seem cheap.

Jet111111

Camping Expert
Hey Honu,
Snow Peak is opening there first Snow Peak store here in the states at the US HQ in Portland, Oregon. The store will be opening in September and will feature all the Snow Peak items. Also if there are items you are looking for we can special order anything.

Honu

lost on the mainland
Hey Honu,
Snow Peak is opening there first Snow Peak store here in the states at the US HQ in Portland, Oregon. The store will be opening in September and will feature all the Snow Peak items. Also if there are items you are looking for we can special order anything.

yeah was chatting with Nate ? when I ordered my land lock tent he was telling me about the store and the special order !!! also was cool to hear you had a few things from the pro series stuff in at times and such :)

just curious if SP is doing anything cool for the grand opening ?

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Hey Honu,

:victory:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan