Snow Peak Addiction

motoz

Adventurer
Great toaster. Ordered from Drifta a while back!

Haven't tried it yet.

Just found it fits perfectly inside the Tramezzino pan bag. Winning !!!

563b36b60ea536ddf5a8d70a765d8b49.jpg

17d3d79e16f59cc8e404121b686c7e60.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honu

lost on the mainland
those are about our most used piece of gear these days :)

one other thing we are loving is the tramezzino
http://www.snowpeak.com/tramezzino-gr-009.html
we have a few other cast iron pie pans but loving this one more :) easier to clean up, short folding handles so packs super small and super even cooking not a fire pit setup though :) but so many burn bans here ? tend to use it on the stove more also no worries of rusting ever etc..

bread pizza pies the kids love and have to say pretty darn good for a late night treat
Snow_Peak_tramezzino-gr-009_01.jpg

my recent breakfast idea that was a huge hit my one kid does not like sausage but IMHO must have also works with bacon
first cook the eggs in the setup so its the same shape then take out put in the hash brown then egg then meat then cover with more hash browns
Snow_Peak_tramezzino-gr-009_02.jpg

Snow_Peak_tramezzino-gr-009_03.jpg

the final product :)*
Snow_Peak_tramezzino-gr-009_04.jpg

from this page
http://forum.expeditionportal.com/t...Peak-reviews-and-tweaks?p=1592037#post1592037

besides those things on the link so much more
also rice does well with various ingredients inside

also pancake batter with some raspberry jam and cream cheese inside

Haven't tried it yet.

Just found it fits perfectly inside the Tramezzino pan bag. Winning !!!

563b36b60ea536ddf5a8d70a765d8b49.jpg

17d3d79e16f59cc8e404121b686c7e60.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

motoz

Adventurer
Couldn't wait for the weekend so I fired up the SP tonight for a dinner on the deck...

ca5e9241b7af763be170bae9e3ca06b6.jpg

5e7edac21d94dcbd5d277aef98f0eb41.jpg

23a61171cab260dc0b272464c06cc32a.jpg

69c41abdcc5bd3f79b8ae5f86ecd6ec1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chris Boyd

Explorer
Couldn't wait for the weekend so I fired up the SP tonight for a dinner on the deck...

Is that some special adapter used to hang the BBQ box in the Jikaro table, or does it come with the table set? I’ve seen that mostly used with the SP fire pit, but not the BBQ box! Interesting!
Been thinking to add the fire ring table, and this make it a bit more versatile.

Riptide

Explorer
Is that some special adapter used to hang the BBQ box in the Jikaro table, or does it come with the table set? I’ve seen that mostly used with the SP fire pit, but not the BBQ box! Interesting!
Been thinking to add the fire ring table, and this make it a bit more versatile.

I bought one awhile back from Amazon.jp. Doesn't come with the table...

motoz

Adventurer

I bought one awhile back from Amazon.jp. Doesn't come with the table...

You guys are both right. Yes it's an adapter that doesn't come with the Jakiro.

The part number is ST-051

f15831487132245f4b90bc2d628bcf6d.jpg

It enables you to use any 1 unit into the Jakiro when setup in the small position.

d97f8a941ad95e0b755aafc24d1fd92e.jpg

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
Very nice. I ordered a Jakiro last week at 25% off with the intension of ordering that adapter too...then got the dreaded "your Snow Peak item is backordered and will ship betweeen 21 - 30 days from now". We all know what that means. Had to cancel the order. :(

I think it would be nice to put the BBQ box in the Jikaro and keep your fire pit separate.

motoz

Adventurer
Very nice. I ordered a Jakiro last week at 25% off with the intension of ordering that adapter too...then got the dreaded "your Snow Peak item is backordered and will ship betweeen 21 - 30 days from now". We all know what that means. Had to cancel the order. :(

I think it would be nice to put the BBQ box in the Jikaro and keep your fire pit separate.

Sorry to read about the Jikaro. I've been done by the whole "0n back order" story before...

It really is a versatile system. Just to note to use the BBQ box inside you have to build the Jikaro in the smaller configuration. Setup up like that also fits the medium size fire pit perfectly. I'm not sure if the double BBQ box would drop straight in?

Maybe someone who knows can chime in

As we've got toddlers we use the table as a fire surround and of late have just been using the IGT 2 off one end for the BBQ box.

b170fb7d8e8c8b40b9ac9444987c1cad.jpg

What ever works for you.

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
My Barista grinder arrived today and I used it to make some coffee. I like it! It holds a little more than 4 level tablespoons of coffee beans (before grinding). As it happens, this is perfect for one 450ml cup of coffee IMO. This makes it really easy. Fill the grinder to the top with beans, then grind.

But, I tried to pack it all away and found that only the grinder and handle will fit inside of the Barista kettle. I was under the impression that the 450ml double-wall mug, pour-over, grinder, and handle would all fit inside. They don't. FYI. I'm toying with the idea of altering the Barista pour-over to fit it inside the kettle and finding a slimmer 450ml cup. Looks like you wouldn't need to remove much material from the pour-over to make it fit through the kettle opening.

Anyone have the GS-220 stove? I think it will fit in my JeepKitchen drawer...and I am considering replacing my Partner Steel stove with the GS-220. I really like the idea of a built-in ignitor. Also, it seems that you can run these stoves in vapor or liquid mode. Is that correct? If so, what is the advantage of liquid mode? Cold weather operation?

Thanks.

Lennart

Adventurer
Anyone have the GS-220 stove? I think it will fit in my JeepKitchen drawer...and I am considering replacing my Partner Steel stove with the GS-220. I really like the idea of a built-in ignitor. Also, it seems that you can run these stoves in vapor or liquid mode. Is that correct? If so, what is the advantage of liquid mode? Cold weather operation?

Thanks.

I have the GS-220 but I think you are talking about the GS-230.
The GS-220 is the 'regular' version, without liquid mode. I have used it a lot and can't really fault it.

The GS-230 should be comparable, but with potentially more power but a little bit harder to run in simmer (low) mode.

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
I have the GS-220 but I think you are talking about the GS-230.
The GS-220 is the 'regular' version, without liquid mode. I have used it a lot and can't really fault it.

The GS-230 should be comparable, but with potentially more power but a little bit harder to run in simmer (low) mode.

Well, I'm glad I asked, because I had no idea there were two different models. Which one would you recommend/prefer? Liquid or gas? Thanks.

Riptide

Explorer
I have a GS-220, and if you're anything like me, you'll be looking to run it off readily-available propane in no time, rather than the isopro fuel canisters. Based on that, I'd stick with the -220.

Having said that, I suppose one could run a -230 off of liquid propane. But you might find it hard to hang the canister upside down, since most Coleman type canisters lack the rolled rim that isopro canisters have, which is what the stove latches on to, like your Baja burner.

For my -220, which I haven't used much, I plan to make up a hose and adapter so that I can run it off a 4 lb propane tank that I have.

For a little more insight on the two stoves, download the users manual from the SP product page (might have to scroll down a little):

https://snowpeak.com/collections/stoves/products/double-burner-stove-gs-220?variant=671132453

Last edited:

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
I have a GS-220, and if you're anything like me, you'll be looking to run it off readily-available propane in no time, rather than the isopro fuel canisters. Based on that, I'd stick with the -220.

Having said that, I suppose one could run a -230 off of liquid propane. But you might find it hard to hang the canister upside down, since most Coleman type canisters lack the rolled rim that isopro canisters have, which is what the stove latches on to, like your Baja burner.

For my -220, which I haven't used much, I plan to make up a hose and adapter so that I can run it off a 4 lb propane tank that I have.

For a little more insight on the two stoves, download the users manual from the SP product page (might have to scroll down a little):

https://snowpeak.com/collections/stoves/products/double-burner-stove-gs-220?variant=671132453

Awesome. That answers nearly all of my questions. I hadn't noticed the manual links on the site. That was the very first time I've read a SP manual. Thanks sir.

On the GS-220, is there any way to bolt it down? My JeepKitchen has a drawer that slides out. I'm hoping that I can bolt or screw the GS-220 to the drawer and make some new holes in it to screw the gas canisters from underneath. This way the canisters will just dangle in space.
IMG_3469.jpg

Riptide

Explorer
On the GS-220, is there any way to bolt it down? My JeepKitchen has a drawer that slides out. I'm hoping that I can bolt or screw the GS-220 to the drawer and make some new holes in it to screw the gas canisters from underneath. This way the canisters will just dangle in space.

Can't imagine it would be too hard. There is a flange that runs along the front and back edge that is about 7/8" deep, since the unit is made to just drop in to an IGT frame. Might take some tinkering though, since the burner control knobs and the igniter buttons are on the front of the unit (shown better on the SP site). I can take some better pictures and measurements if you need them...

Never noticed until now that the SP site shows both the vapor and the liquid units, but only lists the -220 (vapor) model number...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior