Snow Peak Addiction

Jet111111

Camping Expert
hey takeiteasy. the Kettle #1 will nest inside the smallest pot of the Multi-Purpose Cookset.

If I can interrupt the discussion of straps with a question for you SP experts, does anyone know if the kettle #1 will nest inside the multi-purpose cook set #1 (stainless steel versions) if the handle and pot holder are removed? From the dimensions listed by SP, it sounds like it would.

JeffK

I just took the plunge. Bought an IGT4 with an extension table and the small BBQ box. Looking forward to getting the new setup. I haven't decided on a propane stove yet but based on this thread I am leaning towards the Partner Steel. Anyone know how long it takes to get a custom stove PS without the handle and hinge?

Thanks,
Jeff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Honu

lost on the mainland
mine came really quick ? can't remember but at least seemed like it was shipped in a few days if I remember ?

while I did mine that way :) make sure you want it that way :) hahahaha I love mine happy the way it works and the multiple uses for the lid when off
just get the windscreen for the IGT !!!! its very much needed IMHO and really nice to keep the grease splatter and things cleaner so a must have IMHO for the IGT

JeffK

Thanks Honu. I ordered the windscreen today.

Will the PS Stove lay in the IGT without removing the handle, hinge and latch? It seems like a great way to use the stove. I planned on using a strap to hold the lid on during transport.

Honu

lost on the mainland
I don't know for sure ? but for me at least I knew I would be using it in the IGT mostly and the handle was not a big deal to have attached looking at pics with them on I thought the handle and the latch would get in the way
also dropping in also the rear hinge and wind screen would make it sit really high and then for sure be in the way and also wanted it seperate
I did one trip without the SP wind screen :) learned quickly at least for me it was needed slight breeze cook times went way up and the clean up was a lot more

assume you saw my stuff ? http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...Peak-reviews-and-tweaks?p=1093763#post1093763
you for sure have to mod the PS if you want it flush but its easy to do :) I also use a strap to hold lid on in transport mode

toward the end you can see it in use in the IGT4 with the screen my SP BBQ box and the magma setup in various pics

here is one of those
5_13_06.jpg

if you notice the bamboo table on the right that foil :) for the bacon and other stuff the foil thing below is the lid of the partner steel covered with foil use it to put the bacon on with some paper towels of course to absorb grease and the other foil just to tent the food so the lid serves dual purpose as a place to put the cool food and when starting as a prep place to put the uncooked food sometimes its pretty handy since its so solid etc..
I think I mention that also in that thread somewhere how I like the multi purpose aspect of the lid not being attached at this point the cutting board is most likely under the lid acting as kinda a heat trivet

for me also found that white plastic cutting board cut down a super cool cheap mod

also a side note for me :) it was important even when doing my gas grill magma thing that everything stay low and flat inside the IGT not sticking up really tall etc..

I can say this if I was to start over from scratch the partner the way I did it would be the first thing I would have done also getting there griddle to match would have been a buy at the same time in that pic I have my cast iron one but love the aluminum one from partner so so so much more !!!!

the only downside is has to sit on that left side cause of the propane they said they could customize it off the back if I wanted ? but something about the heat with a griddle on decided to keep it on the side since I use a griddle on it a lot
also sometimes don't use the charcoal when burn bans are going on so just have the stainless inert to the left of it and one to the right then our gas magma

hope all this helps some and have fun for sure

Chris Boyd

Explorer
OH GOD.

I hung out with Yuman this past weekend on an Overland trip to the Outer Banks and I think I caught something.... BBQ Box inbound!

Thanks for the code heads up trailscape, that was all the fire I needed!

jeremyk

Adventurer
Looks like the single BBQ boxes are available again. I just scored mine for $143 shipped :D. Hope this is a good retailer as I have never used them previously.

coupon code MARCH20
http://www.backcountrygear.com/snow-peak-gigapower-bbq-box.html

Yep, Backcountry Gear rocks. They are legit and the only way I buy Snow Peak gear nowadays. The discount starts to bring the prices into the legit range...

I have been looking at the high tension camp cot for a couple of years and finally purchased one at that current coupon offer. It's possible that I would extol its virtues and show nice photos, I know outdoor gear pretty well, I was in the "industry" for 18 years. But when I was at the Expo last year they wouldn't even take the time to pull it out of the box and let me check it out unless I promised to buy it. It was a rather humiliating experience. No graciousness or customer service at all, just very snotty and arrogant.

JeffK

Honu,

Thanks for the info. I'm going to go the custom route and delete the hinge/handle/latch. Worst case I can add them later but I think it will work out perfect.

Jeff

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Chris, it was a great time on the island and an honor to get to meet you and the family. If you ever have the time go through this thread. There is a plethora of fantastic information as well a s a great support network for your fledgling addiction.

OH GOD.

I hung out with Yuman this past weekend on an Overland trip to the Outer Banks and I think I caught something.... BBQ Box inbound!

Thanks for the code heads up trailscape, that was all the fire I needed!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle