Snow Peak Addiction

Chris Boyd

Explorer
Chris, it was a great time on the island and an honor to get to meet you and the family. If you ever have the time go through this thread. There is a plethora of fantastic information as well a s a great support network for your fledgling addiction.

Ditto, my friend... Ditto. -- Oh I've been long lurking on this thread. It was just seeing all of it in person that pushed me over.

Hello all. My name is Chris and I think I'm going to have a problem.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
P3210823.jpgThe first step is acknowledging it's existence... lol did you get the single or double BBQ Box?

Ditto, my friend... Ditto. -- Oh I've been long lurking on this thread. It was just seeing all of it in person that pushed me over.

Hello all. My name is Chris and I think I'm going to have a problem.

Last edited:

Chris Boyd

Explorer
View attachment 217407The first step is acknowledging it's existence... lol did you get the single or double BBQ Box?

I got the single. I'm leaning towards the 3U IGT and some straps to tie it all together! on the drive home I just about finished engineering (in my mind) the slide for the fridge and the IGT as we discussed!

I liked the front runner spare tire grill, and on after-action know a couple of reasons it didn't work as well on the trip. I'll keep it on for bigger gatherings with serious coals, but for grilling with just us this is the real deal. Just sitting here Wondering if I can do the infrared mod with just a single burner... Would like the option to go both ways.

And those asparagus were awesome!

trailscape

Explorer
Yep, Backcountry Gear rocks. They are legit and the only way I buy Snow Peak gear nowadays. The discount starts to bring the prices into the legit range...

I have been looking at the high tension camp cot for a couple of years and finally purchased one at that current coupon offer. It's possible that I would extol its virtues and show nice photos, I know outdoor gear pretty well, I was in the "industry" for 18 years. But when I was at the Expo last year they wouldn't even take the time to pull it out of the box and let me check it out unless I promised to buy it. It was a rather humiliating experience. No graciousness or customer service at all, just very snotty and arrogant.

I'm excited, my BBQ should be delivered tomorrow. I think I got the last one before they went on backorder. As for the Expo experience, I hope that isn't typical. This year will be my first time attending.

Honu

lost on the mainland
get the straps from Yuman (Ryan)
I had made my own but the size and stitching on mine look well home made big time :) hahahaha his looks like a SP product :)
nice to have the legs flat inside
I would lean you toward the 4 unit ? unless it just does not fit in your rig etc... my reasons are simple you never know and the extra size makes the taller legs sit inside the frame height for a compact package

I got the single. I'm leaning towards the 3U IGT and some straps to tie it all together! on the drive home I just about finished engineering (in my mind) the slide for the fridge and the IGT as we discussed!

I liked the front runner spare tire grill, and on after-action know a couple of reasons it didn't work as well on the trip. I'll keep it on for bigger gatherings with serious coals, but for grilling with just us this is the real deal. Just sitting here Wondering if I can do the infrared mod with just a single burner... Would like the option to go both ways.

And those asparagus were awesome!

Chris Boyd

Explorer
I'm excited, my BBQ should be delivered tomorrow. I think I got the last one before they went on backorder. As for the Expo experience, I hope that isn't typical. This year will be my first time attending.

Yep, sounds like you got the last one. They cancelled my order this morning... I'm thinking about the double which they might have, but need to go back and do some looking. The single was just so nice and compact!

JeffK

Today and tomorrow are delivery days for my IGT4 setup. For those looking for a torch I found one at woodandmetal.com I received it in about a week. Now I just have to find a narrow bamboo insert.

Update: woodandmetal is sold out of the torches. I must have gotten one of the last ones.

Last edited:

Honu

lost on the mainland
Check out the stainless inserts maybe ?
Or get commercial cutting board material like I did cut it down super easy and makes a great insert and cheap :)

Today and tomorrow are delivery days for my IGT4 setup. For those looking for a torch I found one at woodandmetal.com I received it in about a week. Now I just have to find a narrow bamboo insert.

Update: woodandmetal is sold out of the torches. I must have gotten one of the last ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle