So my wife says to me

fowldarr

Explorer
The other day, my wife says,'I am so sick of the minivan, I wish I still had the land cruiser.' The search is on my friends....

Last edited:

Scott Brady

Founder
Score!

Stephanie would never drive anything but an SUV. We have looked at nice cars, etc. Nope, she wants an SUV, which is cool by me.

fowldarr

Explorer
We were in a bad accident in our fj62, that left her unable to lift a car seat into the fj80....reluctantly we purchased a minivan...now she is better and the kids are bigger.

pcut

Adventurer
Call my indie mechanic- John Castle in Salt Lake. He's got a customer with one- stock with 118,000 miles. 801-455-8721.
Good luck.

fowldarr

Explorer
Since so many have chimed in to help, I guess I better give a better idea of what I am looking for. What we plan to do is offer the van for sale (2005 Nissan Quest, any takers?), and look at potential trade ins. We owe nothing on the van, so we don't have to worry about really taking a loss, just arranging the best deal. We will then procure a land cruiser of the 80 series variety. The plan being that my oldest son will be driving in about 2-3 years, and we can pass it down. Our budget would be about 5k-7k as we are not looking for another payments (those 100 series are so nice though), So far, I have sourced a LX450 that is overpriced for the condition, and a 92 FJ80 (I know it has the 3FE, and the pros and cons have been debated elsewhere, so lets not do that here; for the record I loved the 3fe in my FJ62, but it is a bit of a dog) The 92 is in spectacular shape for its age. and is closer than the lexus. It has cloth seats, which I see as a bonus, but my wife wants leather (which she would get with the Lexus), anyway, still searching.

Zatara

Adventurer
Never apologize for liking the the 3FE !!.........despite what some say, the 91-92 FJ80s are great trucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998