Sold - 1998 Mitsubishi Montero - Rear Locker - ARB Rear Springs

Hi @MummifiedCircuitry I am interested and dont mind flying out and driving back. Would you trust it on a drive back to Southern California>? I wont flip it @Toasty is encouraging me to get it (so I can do the rubicon with them)

That's a tough question, seems like everyone selling a vehicle says they would trust it to drive cross country tomorrow, which is nonsense if you ask me. I've been daily driving a 97 SR for almost 10 years solid and have maintained/fixed just about everything on that vehicle and I honestly wouldn't feel confident driving it to Southern California, simply because it's an old 4x4 with 200k+ miles on it.

I drove the 98 around today and put gas in it, it started right up and drove around with no issues besides puffing some smoke, I did notice the volt gauge wasn't working, but I can include a replacement. If you've got AAA just in case something happens and bring some small spare parts, I say go for it. I personally carry spare parts in my 97 at all times like like rad cap, crossover hoses, belts, upper/lower rad hoses, fuses, used good alternator, and obviously oil, coolant, and sometimes 5gal of water.

I'm honest to a fault when it comes to selling vehicles, I'll tell you every flaw it has that I'm aware of even if it means I scare people away from a sale. If you have any particular questions or need specific pictures, don't hesitate to ask. Also, if some thing happens within Idaho, I should be able to come help or bring parts, and honestly if it makes it through Idaho, it'll probably make it the whole way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior