Spare Tire Trash Bag

treillw

Just get a Trasharoo, or something more expensive?

Would be nice to have some storage space on it besides the trash area to store filthy clothes or whatever that you don't want to put inside the vehicle. After reading awhile, it seems like there are mixed reviews on the Trasharoo - some people say they just fall apart. Others say they have had them for 7 years. Hard to know who to believe. I wouldn't expect to keep it on the vehicle every day.

Thoughts? Thanks!

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
I use smaller bags on my RZR just for trash, so it may not be applicable to your application, but being cheap thrifty I use the drawstring promotional bags they hand out at the off-road shows, add a couple of grommets at the top and attach to my bumper with some shock cords. As I already have the grommets and shock cords, total time invested 5 minutes, total cost $0. Given the price point, you could have multiple bags, one for trash, one for laundry, one for recycling, etc. Plus if you luck out you can end up with some pretty cool logos 😉

bag.jpggrommet.pngbung.png

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
I have a knock off trasharoo from Amazon and a 5 gallon bucket with a lid. I use both on and off. They both work well and are cheap. I tend to use the bag for fire wood and then the bucket for trash.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
some people say they just fall apart. Others say they have had them for 7 years. Hard to know who to believe.

Sun exposure seems to be a big factor in bag life. My name-brand Trasharoo went 7+ years w/o issue, but I stowed it in the garage between trips. I didn't like the "saggy butt" effect I got on my Van (because I was mounting it over a small cargo box instead of a large tire), so I replaced it with the LUSB "Oscars Mobile Hideout" - which has a different attachment scheme and worked better on the van, and works better on the rack on my flatbed camper. Again, these are easy to remove, so they get stowed between trips.

Both are still bigger than I need, so I'm still eyeballing a smaller solution. Maybe something DIY from a waterproof backpack or a surplus rubberized bag or something...

plh

Explorer
I've used a trasharoo for 7 or 8 years - no issues with it. Helps to have a 32" or 33" tire to mount it to, to prevent sagginess. holds a good amount of firewood and garbage.

Skinny06

Trasharoo is fine.
We use one stretchy trash bag for dirty clothes, and one heavy walled black bag for trash, Easy enough to just keep them side by side.

joemama

I have a Camp Cover Wheel Bin. High quality, designed to spread out the weight of the bin on the tire, not just a couple straps. Loads of good reviews through the years. Made in S. Africa and available through OK4wd.com.

Also have look at the Last US Bag Company Oscar's Hideout wheel bin. Expensive, but made in the USA and is very large in comparison to the Camp Cover wheel bin.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Army water proof bag, same size as the laundry bag they issued, tied properly it's still water proof and keeps odors in, just toss it in the back, no need to show it off on the back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior