Sponsored by Slee Offroad

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Just for you, to show you it actually exists :)

80_double.jpg

Wow, add that to my wish list, that thing looks bomber!

ShottsCruisers

Explorer
Any update on better "fitting" shocks for the 6" lift on the 80? I lowered my top mounts though I still am hoping for a better fitting shock. ???

sleeoffroad

Adventurer
Well, it only took us two years of on and off work, ok, more off then on to get this swap done. It is on the road and driving and I like it. Still have some minor issues to resolve, but so far it seems to be working pretty good.

We managed to do this with no frame alterations and as close to a direct bolt in as possible. It bolts to the factory 80 motor mounts on the frame, uses a custom belly plate / cross member for the transmission. Couples to the stock radiator with a custom fan shroud. Some wiring, custom exhaust and wolla, you are done.

Setup is 4.7 iForce v8, 100 series transmission and transfer case. Essentially a complete 100 series setup into an 80.

We are working to make all hard parts needed for the swap as a kit.

v8-80-1.jpg

v8-80-2.jpg

and just to prove it runs

http://www.sleeoffroad.com/forum_pics/v8-1.mpg

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Well, it only took us two years of on and off work, ok, more off then on to get this swap done. It is on the road and driving and I like it. Still have some minor issues to resolve, but so far it seems to be working pretty good.

We managed to do this with no frame alterations and as close to a direct bolt in as possible. It bolts to the factory 80 motor mounts on the frame, uses a custom belly plate / cross member for the transmission. Couples to the stock radiator with a custom fan shroud. Some wiring, custom exhaust and wolla, you are done.

Setup is 4.7 iForce v8, 100 series transmission and transfer case. Essentially a complete 100 series setup into an 80.

We are working to make all hard parts needed for the swap as a kit.

v8-80-1.jpg

v8-80-2.jpg

and just to prove it runs

http://www.sleeoffroad.com/forum_pics/v8-1.mpg

Saw this over on Mud today and actually saw the project in your shop onthe way to Overland Expo last spring. Yummm. I really loved that motor in my Tundra and think it would work perfectly in an 80. Need a 3FE 80 donor rig to work the kinks out with?? :D Looking forward to hearing the mileage figures that setup gets.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
That's what i need to be able to actually pass folks on the highway. What's the cost on the swap? What are the Tundra v8's running pricewise in junkyards these days? It's a nice swap because here in CA the motor model year has to be newer than the vehicle it goes in. Nice work Christo!

sleeoffroad

Adventurer
That's what i need to be able to actually pass folks on the highway. What's the cost on the swap?

Since this is my truck we did not keep track of the costs. We are working on parts and pricing on those. Then the variables are donor drivetrain costs and labor. If we can not pull this off in 40 hours, then it becomes too expensive.

What are the Tundra v8's running pricewise in junkyards these days? It's a nice swap because here in CA the motor model year has to be newer than the vehicle it goes in. Nice work Christo!

You need 100 series engine and tranny with harness, ecu and keys. This one was a tundra ECU with LC harness on complete 100 drivetrain but that complicated the wiring too much and adds too much time.

ddog45

Adventurer
Now if only you could make a solid axel swap onto 100's affordable. I love my 100 but still like the idea of the 80's solid axel. I always seem to have the wrong rig.

Mlachica

TheRAMadaINN on Instagram

Niiiice. I'm very interested in this. Lately my truck has been smelling like it's burning radiator fluid...I think instead of changing the headgasket I'll change the engine, transmission and transfer case :sombrero:

What are the chances of the dual battery setup fitting with this engine?

sleeoffroad

Adventurer
If we do not mount the power steering reservoir where it is, it should fit. Otherwise because the cruiser control module is not needed there is place for a battery behind the air box.

ddog45

Adventurer
Thanks for another great sale. The IBS battery system went in easy and is now keeping beer cold with no worries of a dead battery.
Thanks for helping me make such good choices when it comes to building my 6th rig maybe this time I will get it right.

Last edited:

Humvette

Adventurer
I am usually not on this side of the forum, but i love that jack stand setup!!!
How much are they? It is extremely hard to find a 32" jack stand. The ol H1 on 42's ha 24" ground clearance at its lowest point on flat land.
I also like that bumper. What to make one for an H1? :wings:
mark.pyles@gmail.com
M

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior