Spray Can Sahara Tan??

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
So I'm curious if anyone has found (or even looked?) for a color similar to the Jeep Sahara Tan? I have a cheap XJ project and thought it could be cool to rattle can it close to that color. I know you can buy the small Mopar touch up cans but that would cost a fortune. Ideas Anyone? :)

Rustoleum Khaki is what I'll be painting my Montero.

Rustoleum also has Almond and Sand. If you are paint savy, you could buy those two colors in qt size and mix them to create your own color. But that'd require having a compressor and spray gun.

Rattle can jobs aren't for those who want perfect paint. I know my truck will get plenty of pin striping but hate the color it is now and the clear coat is peeling and paint is oxidizing in the hot Texas sun...

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
Agree. And while I like the utility of the "military theme" on my jeeps, not in this case. I'm stationed in Germany and really don't want to draw any extra attention to an already likely out-of-place jeep. :)

BigAl

Expedition Leader
I just added numbers to mine The paint is Krylon Desert Tan camo flat
jeeptan.jpg

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
I'd planning to do this to my XJ as well, as soon as I get body work and a few little body mods done first. I love the flat tan color, and my paint is also falling victim to the relentless Texas sunshine. And I think it just looks cool. :D

My paint isn't bad, just not as glossy any more. I had been wanting to do the flat olive drab since I live where there is a lot of green trees and less tan sand. Or the dark brown would probably be cool too. Any of them would be cool. Right now I'm waffling back and forth on whether to sell the junker XJ or keep it as a major project. You name it, its broke.

Eaglefreek

Eagleless
I was going to suggest going to Tractor Supply and check out the IH white tractor paint. It is actually a tan color. However, I don't think you'll find one in Germany. :)

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
Yeah.... no TS or Home Depot to be found here for me. :( They do have hardware stores but its hard to find time to go look. Nothing is open here on Sundays and Saturdays are my only jeep wrenching days. I'll wait until I get my thing on the road and running before I need to think to hard about the paint. Still have much work to do before anything like that can happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78

Members online