Stabilizer question

Big Daddy Chia

Adventurer
So I was curious. How stable is your trailer after u have it stationary for the evening. I have this fear of rolling to far to one side and it tipping backwards.

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
Mine is perfectly stable, because it has rear stabilizers. In fact, it's sitting in the garage right now with no suspension on it, supported by the 3 built in jacks.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Our Horizon seems to be just fine without any type of stabilizers. With or without the truck being attached. It moves side to side a tad when we crawl into the RTT, but it's not a problem i feel needs to be addressed. We do have the above stabilizers but have yet to use them.

stomperxj

Explorer
I have BAL stab jacks on mine and its very solid. With the tongue jack and the BAL jacks fully extended I can lift my tires about 6-8" off the ground so the rears do double duty as a regular jack if I get a flat...

sm-00068.jpg

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Our Horizon seems to be just fine without any type of stabilizers. With or without the truck being attached. It moves side to side a tad when we crawl into the RTT, but it's not a problem i feel needs to be addressed. We do have the above stabilizers but have yet to use them.

From a safety aspect I think a rear stabilizer is a good thing. If you have kids they climb all over the trailer and can create quite a large amount of leverage if they are out on the tailgate and the fridge is pulled out on the slide.

Martyn

by the time i buy all my trailer equipment from you I might as well have bought a chaser lol. well as soon as i get this engine off my trailer I am gonna start workign on it. so expect some orders from me

We thank you for your support, while contributing to your addiction :sombrero:

gpwpat

Adventurer
I bought a crank toung stabiliser at harbor freight. welded a piece to it and it slides into my reciever. With an extra hole and it also travels there, when the reciever is not in use for other things.

Martyn

Martyn, will the AT Rear Stabilizer work on an m416?

If so, I'm ready to order. :victory:

Yes the ones we stock will extend up to 28".

The sit up against the bottom of the box or the rear cross member.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan