STORM POOPER; 2007 AWD chevy express

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
Nice progress.

Personally I'd ditch the light bar and invest in proper headlights. Such as Truck-Lite or Hella Ecode...

Slapmackie

Observer
Nice progress.

Personally I'd ditch the light bar and invest in proper headlights. Such as Truck-Lite or Hella Ecode...

Thanks!
For what reason would you replace the light bar for Truck-Lite or Hella Ecodes? I opted out for the cheaper version because I know lights are a high target for thieves, if I lose these then it's really no big loss. They work great and are the brightest lights I've ever seen.

Jo_Duval

Observer
love the look of your van! and the stance!

I had a question about your pushbar. its a go-rhino you mentioned ? is it made for the Van or is it made for a truck and it fits our framerails ? im trying to find a bumper or pushbar but cant seem to find anything other than the aluminess. I love their rear bumper and ladder which I will probably get, but the front bumper is way too big for my liking.

Slapmackie

Observer
Awesome man, thanks!!!

Yes, I went with the Go Rhino! (3155B) 3000 Series StepGuard Grille Guard. I lucked out and found mine on ebay for about half price (scratch & dent, barely a scratch on it). Look there or Amazon, I know they have them as well. They're made specifically for the Express but it was a bit of a pain to mount it. Definitely get some help and remove the entire front bumper in order to get the c-clips in-between the frame and the bumper. It took a little muscle but we finally got it mounted up and I love it. Aluminess does have some sweet stuff (I did go with their ladder) but I do agree, that front bumper is a mule.

Slapmackie

Observer
Spent the weekend wiring up lights, speakers and installing the roof paneling. I originally had wood paneling cutout for the back doors but I ended up scratching that and mounted my 6x9's in the original plastic panels. The wood panels on the door would have looked better but it was eating up a lot of my time messing around with it so plastic it is. I wired my lights up to a pretty cool 12v dimmer switch that I'll include a link for. The lights I have are crazy bright but now I can dial it back when the mood strikes! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C4UBMY6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
unnamed (22).jpg
unnamed (23).jpg

Slapmackie

Observer
Here's the latest with the build. Finally got the solar all wired up, everything seems to be working well. Having some issues with the Maxxair fan, 90% of the time it works fine but every now and then it has a mind of its own? The counter/sink should be installed here in the next day or so.
IMG_7130.jpg
IMG_7134.jpg
IMG_7240.jpg
IMG_6944.jpg

Slapmackie

Observer
Ceiling and walls looks good. Nice job! Where'd you source the counter? Looks great.

Thanks North! I have a friend that has a pretty nice wood shop and he's very talented to say the least. I have some new pics of the counter with first coat of varnish, I'll throw them up here in a bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78