STORM POOPER; 2007 AWD chevy express

Accrete

Explorer
coming along nicely!
No dog in our family...but if we did? We'd incorporate your cool dog bowl slide out for sure : )
Thom

Slapmackie

Observer
coming along nicely!
No dog in our family...but if we did? We'd incorporate your cool dog bowl slide out for sure : )
Thom

That's awesome, thanks you! A friend of mine has something similar in her build so I totally stole the idea from her. Works like a charm though, Brena loves it!

R1ck

Whelp, ran into a problem with the lift. The torsion bar is rusted to the key and will not break loose, straight up rust fusion! A friend of mine and I tried for hours the other day with no luck. Ended up taking it to a local 4x4 shop and after an hour they gave up. I guess I'll need to order a new crossmember so I can cut the old one off in order to install the Traxda keys. Frustrating! I did install the new wheels/tires and just cranked the torsion bar all the way up so I can turn the front wheel with out it rubbing, looks pretty good but I really don't like driving around like that. Hope to have this remedied soon. Here are a few pics of the new set up.
View attachment 370317View attachment 370318View attachment 370319
I had the same problem, I ended up taking it to an alignment shop they used an air hammer and had it out in no time. They have seen and done a lot of leveling.

45Kevin

Adventurer
You are not the first one to have that problem for sure.

A number of us have resorted to drilling and splitting the old keys.

See my results in my thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle