Summitbeerowl's 93 Toyota Truck Build

Thoryota

Observer
Looking real good Summitbeerowl. Looks killer with those 33's. In a few weeks I am going to throw a 2'' lift on mine and some 33x12.50's under it.

Clay

Adventurer
Nice work, the wheels look great and the tires will be awesome.

You need some locking hubs man! They help out a bunch with both wear and tear and gad milage. The conversion super easy.

qton

Looking good! Really digging that new color on the wheels. Are you having any problems with rubbing on full lock?

Summitbeerowl

Adventurer
Looking good! Really digging that new color on the wheels. Are you having any problems with rubbing on full lock?

Thanks for the encouragement! Too early to tell on the rubbing. I just finished painting the rear two wheels today so I still need to get the BFGs mounted. From the looks of it the front will clear the front valance under normal conditions but anything beyond that might be pushing it. I'm thinking maybe a little trimming down of the valance which would look better anyway ( as it doesn't really keep the correct circle of the fender opening that I think would be correct).
Once the rear wheels are mounted I'll let you know how it works along with how the truck handles the larger tires power wise.
Hopefully I don't need to regear.
Afterwards I'll get the fender flares ordered, see how they line up with the tires, decide if I need to add wheel spacers to complete the look and then move on to bumpers. (Which will probably take care of any rubbing issues with the front).
I've got a new idea with the rear bumper of having the exhaust exit through it on the side. So we'll see how that turns out.

Summitbeerowl

Adventurer
Nice work, the wheels look great and the tires will be awesome.

You need some locking hubs man! They help out a bunch with both wear and tear and gad milage. The conversion super easy.

Thanks! Going to have to think about that. Never had any problems with the current set up so little unsure of that.

Summitbeerowl

Adventurer
Looking real good Summitbeerowl. Looks killer with those 33's. In a few weeks I am going to throw a 2'' lift on mine and some 33x12.50's under it.

What do you plan on using for your lift? I think 2" would be great for me too but not sure what to go with.

Thoryota

Observer
I am going to run the ball joint spacers from Low Range Offroad. Comes with Procomp es3000 shocks for the front. Have to order a matching set of shocks for the rear. Going with blocks to lift the rear since I all ready had them laying around.

Summitbeerowl

Adventurer
I am going to run the ball joint spacers from Low Range Offroad. Comes with Procomp es3000 shocks for the front. Have to order a matching set of shocks for the rear. Going with blocks to lift the rear since I all ready had them laying around.

Very nice! You will have to let me know when you get it done. LR Off-road seems a bit higher $ then 4-crawler. Any reason your going this direction?

Thoryota

Observer
Front shocks come with the spacers. 145ish on price. I don't think thats to bad for spacers and shocks. With the 4-crawler spacers you have to get shocks separate and still piece together the rear. This way I just have to piece together the rear half of the lift.

Summitbeerowl

Adventurer
Front shocks come with the spacers. 145ish on price. I don't think thats to bad for spacers and shocks. With the 4-crawler spacers you have to get shocks separate and still piece together the rear. This way I just have to piece together the rear half of the lift.

Just checked the prices on the pro comps. That does turn out to be a pretty good deal. Pm me when you get them. I'm very interested in how they work out.

Thoryota

Observer
Will do will do. It will be a few weeks since I had to use part of my lift kit money to buy a starter for the truck. I got water in it last week playing in a bumper deep mud hole. Well now that we have had our first snow fall over the weekend and it got down to 0 degrees this morning (record for our area), my starter froze up. Its supposed to get up to 43 tomorrow so I will put it on after work. Really didn't feel like laying in the snow with it 20 degrees out changing it in the dark tonight.

Summitbeerowl

Adventurer
image.jpg
All wheels painted and tires installed.
Took it for a spin. Downloaded an app on my phone for checking the speedometer. Strangely enough with the 33" tires it was right on.
I see no rubbing except for on the mud flaps during a tight turn.
I haven't done a real check during extreme articulation yet but I think I would feel more comfortable with another 1"-2" of lift.
Since I have heavy duty torsion bars that I purchased about 15 years ago but never installed I think I will have them installed to see if I can gain any more lift. Stopped by the local Toyota dealer to see if they would do it. They said no problem. Getting it done this Friday. Also asked them about installing ball joint spacers. Unfortunately, the suspension/alignment tech had never heard of them. I showed him pics on my phone and he didnt like the idea. Said he thought it would weaken the the upper control arm cutting it up. Im not too impressed with his answers.
Well, again the truck goes in Friday for the torsion bars. We'll see what happens.
IMG_20161231_163027.jpg

Summitbeerowl

Adventurer
IMG_20170118_175909.jpg
Brought the topper out from behind the garage. Time to clean it up so I can get it painted also when the truck goes in for paint. It will be nice to have it back on and have it match perfectly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan