Summitbeerowl's 93 Toyota Truck Build

02rangeredge

Adventurer
I lay 2 wilderness systems pamlico 120's flat on that without issue, so if you're bolting J style racks you'll be good, the rack is permanent, bolts through the cap to a metal strap as a washer, if you have to buy the thule type setup for Touareg in order to get cross bars I'd just price out what it would take to make those pieces mate up to the cap

Summitbeerowl

Adventurer
When I get the old Toyota back from the painter it going to be looking a little plain so trying to come up with some ideas.
I really like the old Toyota Trekker graphics like this one...
D0B6A7E0-DE9D-4467-9030-3941B39644D5.JPG

But would like it a little more updated. Maybe something more like this...
26295CFD-3B62-458B-999F-566B8F8D10F1.JPG

Thinking too it might be cool to not have the back trekker graphics but to continue running the front all the way back and incorporating TREKKER SR5 or SR5 TREKKER Into the graphic toward the rear.
Anyone have any thoughts or know of some pics I can take a look at to get some ideas?

02rangeredge

Adventurer
When I get the old Toyota back from the painter it going to be looking a little plain so trying to come up with some ideas.
I really like the old Toyota Trekker graphics like this one...
View attachment 386693

But would like it a little more updated. Maybe something more like this...
View attachment 386694

Thinking too it might be cool to not have the back trekker graphics but to continue running the front all the way back and incorporating TREKKER SR5 or SR5 TREKKER Into the graphic toward the rear.
Anyone have any thoughts or know of some pics I can take a look at to get some ideas?

I really like the old trekker graphics especially for a fairly stock looking square body, is yours a trekker or just a toyota pickup? if its a trekker I'd throw the trekker SR5 on the back, toward where they put the TRD stickers now, if it's just a toyota pickup i'd do the same location but whatever you refer to your truck as (some people name there trucks, why not embrace it)

Summitbeerowl

Adventurer
That's true 02rangeredge. It really is just the pick-up and not a true trekker. And so I don't necessarily want to misidentifie it but thought it would give the truck more of an expedition style. Maybe just SR5 would be the best.
But hey, that's why I'm searching for ideas. Lol
I appreciate your input. Let me know if you have some further ideas.

02rangeredge

Adventurer
just sr5 I think would be a little lame, name it and put that under the SR5, it'd do close to the same expedition aesthetic wise and make it your own

duckhunter71

Adventurer
I think with the flares and all that it may not be as plain as you're imagining. Obviously this will be a matter of preference, so I'm sure whatever you choose will look great. I can't wait to see it all fresh and shiny!

Summitbeerowl

Adventurer
I think with the flares and all that it may not be as plain as you're imagining. Obviously this will be a matter of preference, so I'm sure whatever you choose will look great. I can't wait to see it all fresh and shiny!

Thanks! I'm so use to graphics on the truck that it will seem a little strange. Of course none of my other vehicles have ever had anything on them so I guess it's what a person gets use to.
Was hoping to get some updated pics on the progress of the truck but the shop was pretty busy dealing with collisions this week. Hopefully we'll see something new next week.

duckhunter71

Adventurer
Thanks! I'm so use to graphics on the truck that it will seem a little strange. Of course none of my other vehicles have ever had anything on them so I guess it's what a person gets use to.
Was hoping to get some updated pics on the progress of the truck but the shop was pretty busy dealing with collisions this week. Hopefully we'll see something new next week.

That's very true. I think it will look awesome. I'm almost finished with the majority of my 4Runner "build" and I only wish it was as clean and straight as your 93 will be. It's going to be great!

Summitbeerowl

Adventurer
That's very true. I think it will look awesome. I'm almost finished with the majority of my 4Runner "build" and I only wish it was as clean and straight as your 93 will be. It's going to be great!

Thanks Duckhunter for your enthusiasm! I don't see a build for your 4Runner. Love to see what you've got going on.

bkg

Explorer
If it matters, the stripes on the doiblecab are just plastidip... Brian recent removed them.

The factory stripes are available aftermarket. A Bing search should point you to a gent who makes them.

Summitbeerowl

Adventurer
If it matters, the stripes on the doiblecab are just plastidip... Brian recent removed them.

The factory stripes are available aftermarket. A Bing search should point you to a gent who makes them.

Hey bkg. Thanks! Plactidip again. Lol. I can't believe all the things people do with that stuff. I really like what he did using it for the stripes. I think it turned out great.

Summitbeerowl

Adventurer
Ugh! Setback. Just got a text from the painter...Got 2 right rear flares. Called Autoanything and they're working on trying to get a driver's side flare. Sucks we didn't catch this till ready to install. Well, hopefully this will get resolved in the next day or so.
20170228_094722.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior