Super Duty Crew Cab owners?

IHDiesel73L

Adventurer
Just curious as to how many Ford Super Duty Crew Cab owners there are here. My current rig is a 2003 Regular Cab SRW F-350 4x4 with the 7.3L Powerstroke. It does a great job as a daily driver, firewood hauler, and occasional expedition vehicle for myself, my wife, and our chocolate lab, but we're starting a family and we're going to run out of room quickly. We've also been bitten by the bug of roadtripping-it happened this past summer with a trip to Maine, which we'd like to see more of, but we'd also like to head north and west as well eventually. After owning my current Super Duty I'd never think of owning another type of truck, and the same goes for the 7.3L Powerstroke. This limits me to 1999-2003 Super Duties, which is fine because there are still plenty out there with surprisingly low mileage. I'll definitely be looking for an F-350 again for payload reasons (I'm not sure if I want to go DRW or not) as I will still need the truck as a firewood hauler (wood is our primary source of heat)-I'll also still be looking for a longbed for the same reason. I'd love to see other Crew Cab owners' rigs to get ideas on storage, equipment, etc... Storage is going to be a big issue for me because I carry a lot of fuel with me. My current truck has been converted to run on straight vegetable oil (SVO) and once I buy the new truck I will simply swap the conversion kit over. The SVO tank is a fuel tank/toolbox combo that holds 60 gallons of oil. The stock 38 gallon diesel tank and 60 gallon SVO tank gives me a range of 1350 miles, which is pretty good, but I'd like to be able to complete a trip without really tapping into the diesel tank much. On the last long trip we took I carried an extra 55 gallons of oil in a blue plastic drum and transferred the fuel when needed into the toolbox tank with a hand pump. Not a big deal, but the drum was kind of awkward, so I'm all ears on extra fuel storage. Anyway, as I said, please post pictures of your Super Duty Crew Cab-I look forward to talking with other Super Duty owners.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
I have a 2001 F250 Super Duty Crew Cab. I've documented some of the build here:

I still need to complete the documentation on the build but I need more hours in the day.

TurboChris

Adventurer
Here's my 01 that got stolen a year ago. What a truck, I had it for 6 years and still miss it all the time.

Truck001.jpg

fastring

2002 F350 CC 7.3 Auto

Here is a pic of my 2002 F350 CC 7.3 auto for the 2010 Baja 1000. I also carry alot of stuff. I built a roofrack for the cab out of 1" tubing for kayaks, bikes and a sparetire. I camp in a tent cot, so the bed is open. Will be building a rack for the bed later (need to carry 20' lenths of steel). I started my baja trip days in Samurais, so the truck is a big step up for size.

Attachments

• P7120004.JPG
    P7120004.JPG
    314.9 KB · Views: 69

Greggk

ZombieSoldier
I have a E99 F250 extended cab long bed superduty with the 7.3 Powerstroke. I am building a sleeping quarters in the bed. getting ready to start doing all my mods when i get home on mid tour leave from deployment.

001.jpg

002.jpg

IHDiesel73L

Adventurer
Here's my 01 that got stolen a year ago. What a truck, I had it for 6 years and still miss it all the time.

Truck001.jpg

Great looking truck-sorry to hear it was stolen. How much of a lift is that and what size tires? I have a 2.5" leveling kit on the front of my current truck, but I'd like to have a little more clearance on whatever I get next.

Greggk

ZombieSoldier
Great looking truck-sorry to hear it was stolen. How much of a lift is that and what size tires? I have a 2.5" leveling kit on the front of my current truck, but I'd like to have a little more clearance on whatever I get next.

how do you like the leveling kit? what size tires are running? i dont want an actual lift, i just wanna level out, and put 315/75/16's on my f250... got any pics of it?

lllateralus

Observer
I recently purchased my dream truck.. a crew cab long bed F350 with the 7.3, very low mileage at 91K, and VERY good condition inside and out.
(seat covers, plastic carpet covers, etc)

It has banks boost and pyro gauges, banks shift module, 4" exhaust, Line-X bedliner with rhino lined tool box for all my crap...

I currently have 96K miles, and really like the truck.

P1050604.jpg

SFROMAN

Adventurer
Here is a pic of mine.

Admittely my truck was not bought for offroad travel. It was bought as a tow rig for my FJ40. Now that I have 3 kids the truck is the perfect size and we seem to use it more and more for outings.

Here is a better shot in my driveway.

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
Transferflow makes some nice big under bed replacement fuel tanks. They are very good quality but aren't cheap. What you don't want a 04 or newer SD with the 6.0?:) They aren't bad engines after you do an EGR delete kit, head stud kit, turbo etc.

NCPirate

After owning my current Super Duty I'd never think of owning another type of truck, and the same goes for the 7.3L Powerstroke.

Good looking truck!!

I bought a 2000 excursion 7.3 a few months back and I love it. Plenty of room for everyone and a little bit of lift for fun. This weekend 7 of us are piling in it and headed to the mountains.

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Here's mine. Bought new in 2002. 7.3, 6spd, XLT. Just a few mods: oil crossover, fuel crossover, homemade bypass oil system, Ford AIS air filter. And it has spent over 50k of it's 92k miles doing this:

I bought this one as the last truck I will ever have to buy and I have no plans on replacing it.

Jack

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger