Supertramp Flagship LT pop-up slide-in pickup camper

Chadx

♫ Off the road again. Just can't wait to get...
I swear that looks like Copper City near Three Forks, MT. We often "workation" out there from Bozeman at a camp spot through a ravine that looks like the above.

Not to get super sidetracked, but do you find your 1up rack + swingout twists/rocks much side to side when on trails?

Yes, yes it does look a lot like Copper City. Ha. Went for a bike ride and ended up doing more trail driving, shaking out the truck and camper, than biking that day.

1up racks are very solid with a built in hitch stabilizer ball in the hitch bar. Love them. The one in the image is a 1up Superduty rack. So I had a superduty on a superduty. Ha. I did just get in the 1up xtremduty rack and will be selling the 1up superduty that has served me well for around 5 years. The xtreme duty can handle my wife's Surron LBX (though the Superduty can as well if the battery is removed). The xtreme, and the newest design superduty, are both wide trays, like if you had a fat tire kit on the older 1up racks. The extra width would allow MTB tires to move around more but there is the optional wheel chock that will lock in the front tire, so that more than makes up for it. If I was running only MTB, I'd stick with the narrower/original Superduty or maybe even the slightly lighter build Heavyduty rack which is still the old/narrow style. I built up the new xtremeduty rack and need the rain and snow to stop so I can use it as I want to ensure I like it before selling the 1up superduty (which should sell fast as they are like gold on the used market plus the prices have gotten stupid over the last few years. That will help recoup some of the cost of the xtremeduty).

I've found the Wilco swing out doesn't add much rocking. It also has a built in stabilizer in the hitch bar. Some swing outs don't and with those, you'd just want to use an aftermarket external hitch antirattle device. Getting rid of the tiny bit of receiver slop is key to a stable bike rack. The only movement I get is the bikes in the rack and that is just the nature of the design to have some bike wiggle. All touchpoints are tires only so no worries about cranking down suspension, anything rubbing/touching frame, etc.

Chadx

Finally had a chance to sort and choose some images from our UT trip. Really love the Supertramp/Superduty combo. Super happy to have share a few of the days/trails/sites with fellow Supertramper @knutsCO and Mrs. KnutsCo.

20240417_070605.jpg

20240417_070626.jpg

20240417_103154.jpg

20240417_114039.jpg

20240417_122255.jpg

20240417_131526.jpg

20240417_153504.jpg

20240417_165217.jpg

20240417_193458.jpg

20240417_194026.jpg

Steve_382

From an article in November last year there was some mention about more demountable truck campers. Different sizes? Anyone hear any rumors about maybe an 8' or flatbed? Perhaps they are fully occupied with the Megatron for now:

Excerpt from article:
Right now you offer one truck camper model – the Supertramp Flagship LT. Will you be offering more demountable truck camper models in the future?

Yes. We feel composites are the best way to build and design campers and we will offer more demountable truck camper solutions as we continue to grow. But that’s all I’m going to say about that for now.

Chadx

From an article in November last year there was some mention about more demountable truck campers. Different sizes? Anyone hear any rumors about maybe an 8' or flatbed? Perhaps they are fully occupied with the Megatron for now:

Excerpt from article:
Right now you offer one truck camper model – the Supertramp Flagship LT. Will you be offering more demountable truck camper models in the future?

Yes. We feel composites are the best way to build and design campers and we will offer more demountable truck camper solutions as we continue to grow. But that’s all I’m going to say about that for now.

Short answer is, I don't think any other version are close to being released. They've doubled their work space just to keep up with the orders for the Flagship LT. They also have some slots for the Megatron. While they do understand the desire for an 8' slide-in version and a flatbed version and very well may be noodling on designs behind the scene, I don't foresee capacity (manpower or facility) in the near future. And the way they build the campers, it takes a significant investment into both.

Would be interested in the layouts they come up for both. I have definite preferences in the flatbed layouts and design. For the 8', they could might simply stretch the design of the Flagship LT and the extra 1.5' results in a longer galley (with extra storage) and longer side bench (more storage and sitting space). Or, they could totally redesign and shake up the interior. Will be interesting to see when the day comes.

Steve_382

Short answer is, I don't think any other version are close to being released. They've doubled their work space just to keep up with the orders for the Flagship LT. They also have some slots for the Megatron. While they do understand the desire for an 8' slide-in version and a flatbed version and very well may be noodling on designs behind the scene, I don't foresee capacity (manpower or facility) in the near future. And the way they build the campers, it takes a significant investment into both.

Would be interested in the layouts they come up for both. I have definite preferences in the flatbed layouts and design. For the 8', they could might simply stretch the design of the Flagship LT and the extra 1.5' results in a longer galley (with extra storage) and longer side bench (more storage and sitting space). Or, they could totally redesign and shake up the interior. Will be interesting to see when the day comes.
Definitely takes longer to make new molds, etc. than to just use a larger/longer piece of glass foam like OEV or Total Composites for a new design.

jaywo

They could also improve the existing design and offer more options before releasing other versions.

Examples:
Bed extension for north south sleeping for families and tall people. Tune M1 does this easily, the FWC also including the one with electric pop up.
Real solar and power system that keep up with competition and ever growing needs (remote work). When contacted, their answer was « there is no scenario that realistically needs more than 400Wh ». Storyteller customers, who get 16,000Wh of power in their van, and as a reminder they sell hundreds of those each year, would like to have a word.
As someone who rented one with 12,000Wh, I disagree with Supertramp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger