Sure-Fire Ways to Improve Your Roof Top Tent

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Ok a few questions I have about running lights in the tent, how are you guys pulling power from the truck? I'm personally going to try and pull +12v from my trailer plug. Secondly, how much power does your typical LED strip pull? I'm considering about running a dual battery system. Also, I'm going to be taking my Ayer out during elk season, I've heard of various ways of heating. What are some surefire it's ways to take the cold off? I have a zero degree bag, I figure the more warmth the better.

My trailer has two deep cycle batteries for running RTT lights, exterior lights, inverter and other 12volt items

Lucky j

Explorer
Ok a few questions I have about running lights in the tent, how are you guys pulling power from the truck? I'm personally going to try and pull +12v from my trailer plug. Secondly, how much power does your typical LED strip pull? I'm considering about running a dual battery system. Also, I'm going to be taking my Ayer out during elk season, I've heard of various ways of heating. What are some surefire it's ways to take the cold off? I have a zero degree bag, I figure the more warmth the better.

I have 2 set of led light. One that is about 18 " long on the hight bar and on a different switch, 4 pieces of 1" stripes on lower sides bars. All of them connected to 8x 1.5v AA batteries on a small projects box.

Still waiting to see how long they will last, but I'm a dark environment person, only use light when doing something that need light to see, and not for ambiance.

Beamer pilot

Explorer
I have 2 set of led light. One that is about 18 " long on the hight bar and on a different switch, 4 pieces of 1" stripes on lower sides bars. All of them connected to 8x 1.5v AA batteries on a small projects box.

Still waiting to see how long they will last, but I'm a dark environment person, only use light when doing something that need light to see, and not for ambiance.
Single??? lol

Lucky j

Explorer
:)
Nope, but like the dark and the stars and the moon and the amber light of the fire!

Kind of like to keep the light polution for the cities!

Lucky j

Explorer
I did that as well with an other strip and an other box just by the door sill, so I can close it one in bed or just before zipping the door and try not to light anything inside until the door mesh are close so bugs wont be attracted
But my GF is like me. Lights are just for active duty around camp, not much more and I like it that way.

Need to take pictures and put them here. Will try to do so this afternoon and tonight.

Lucky j

Explorer
Inside light, the lower more ambiante light. The wire are passed trough the aluminium tubes and I keep the box in on of the side pockets
DSC01592 by Luc Levesque, sur Flickr
DSC01591 by Luc Levesque, sur Flickr
DSC01599 by Luc Levesque, sur Flickr

Top light
DSC01594 by Luc Levesque, sur Flickr
Top light with side light
DSC01602 by Luc Levesque, sur Flickr

Under light
Still need to tuck the wires
DSC01595 by Luc Levesque, sur Flickr
DSC01610 by Luc Levesque, sur Flickr
DSC01606 by Luc Levesque, sur Flickr
DSC01607 by Luc Levesque, sur Flickr

All this for about 30,00$ canadian. harder do get acces to cheep amazon.com parts without heavy shipping cost in this side of the border.
The LED strips are regular house strip that were cut according to the required lenght, since they are 12 volts and sealed in some kind of rubberized plastic, I just put silicon on the welds.

So far so good.

to come, I got and old safety net from a garbagged trampoline that I will make into some kind of large hammock for shoes and things behind the ladder.

Want to increase the size of the awning over the ladder as well for better protection from the rain (hate the dripping in the back), but do not want the same model as the simpson 3 and others. Want to be able to keep the outside view.

Last edited:

Vulin

I have the CVT Mt Rainier. We had a really bad rain storm and I found the large section of the rain fly that covered the ladder collected ALOT of rain and could have caused some damage to the tent. I made some connectors at work and bent a piece of conduit that connects to the existing support bar.
IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

Basil.

CVT needs to do that from the start... Not sure why they don't add that little section of tube to prevent water buildup.

I'll buy a set of those connectors from you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
Ordered some fun stuff. A few power bricks that are small. Some Velcro straps, led strips and rope light that are powered via USB.

I have about 6 power bricks total, should last 3-6 hour per brick, easy to charge via car relatively quickly and hold a charge for a decent amount of time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger