Suspension for an overweight Tacoma (2nd gen)?

wicked1

Man, looks like that truck is having FUN! That's a great pic.

I said I'd follow up in a week, but my couple hour impression of the new AccuTune Fox suspension.....
Definitely better w/ most things.. Potholes, cracks in the road, surface feel, etc, which is what I wanted. The adjustability goes from much more body roll than I'm used to, to about the same as the super stiff OME setup I took out.
but, there is a new feeling I don't like.. A lot more up/down movement over some particular pavement.. Like the street I live on. Maybe uneven concrete slabs.. Maybe that motion was always there, but hidden by all the other harsh jarring movement. Needs more testing and more adjustment.
If anyone cares for a bunch of info on the suspension and the install details, let me know and I'll make a separate post about it. (typical job.. 1 front and 1 rear took about 45 minutes each.. But then the other two took about 3 hours each! Due to stuck bolts, stuck bushings, needing to cut and grind things apart, etc.. So frustrating it's always a bolt that triples the job time.)

tacollie

Glamper
Man, looks like that truck is having FUN! That's a great pic.

I said I'd follow up in a week, but my couple hour impression of the new AccuTune Fox suspension.....
Definitely better w/ most things.. Potholes, cracks in the road, surface feel, etc, which is what I wanted. The adjustability goes from much more body roll than I'm used to, to about the same as the super stiff OME setup I took out.
but, there is a new feeling I don't like.. A lot more up/down movement over some particular pavement.. Like the street I live on. Maybe uneven concrete slabs.. Maybe that motion was always there, but hidden by all the other harsh jarring movement. Needs more testing and more adjustment.
If anyone cares for a bunch of info on the suspension and the install details, let me know and I'll make a separate post about it. (typical job.. 1 front and 1 rear took about 45 minutes each.. But then the other two took about 3 hours each! Due to stuck bolts, stuck bushings, needing to cut and grind things apart, etc.. So frustrating it's always a bolt that triples the job time.)
Play around with the slow speed compression. I was able to make it a lot better on our truck. Were running the Accutune Fox DSC shocks.

There is always something to help make the install more work. I swapped out my leafs a couple weeks ago. All the bolts were nice and clean. The kicker was I had to drop the gas tank and pull the muffler to get them out🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior