Suzuki Owners; Let's see your ExPo Trucks

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
DD, this is totally off topic, but I just picked up a squier mini strat for my 8 year old son, through a dumble style amp and over drive pedal it REALLY SCREAMS. I was laughin my *** of the whole time I was playing it. I had to put it away again before he got home from school. ha ha.

digitaldelay

Explorer
DD, this is totally off topic, but I just picked up a squier mini strat for my 8 year old son, through a dumble style amp and over drive pedal it REALLY SCREAMS. I was laughin my *** of the whole time I was playing it. I had to put it away again before he got home from school. ha ha.
I want to get a pink Mini Strat for my younger daughter next Christmas. She will be 8 by then, too. They used to make a Hello Kitty version but I can't find one anymore, haha.

Jason

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
At 8. the mini is the way to go. Hello Kitty is available on ebay. I am getting one for ****s and giggles!

nick_n_ii

I just bought both of these. The '95 Purple 2 door is mine and the '02 XL-7 Limited is the wife's both will be getting simple mods to make good Adventure rigs out of them both. Main goal was to never wheel/explore alone.

Attachments

• 20150215_124915.jpg
    20150215_124915.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 20150212_192957.jpg
    20150212_192957.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 61

suzuki.xl7

Sweet rides! Congratulations on your great purchase and welcome to the Suzuki club!
Update us with your mods in the future. We love pics!:)

Dake21

Adventurer
The grand vitara auto has a 5.125 axle ratio, that explains a few things.
Before buying I was worried about the 4 speed and 2800 RPM at 100KM but going from Halifax NS to QC city QC I didn't spend any more money on gas than I did with the 2007 CRV I had before.
Just yesterday I went up to the gun range and the gravel road is covered with hard pack snow and huge snow banks. It was looking like a rally track, so I decided to have some fun and the 4wd and suspension do a very good job.

WagoneerSX4

Adventurer
I just bought both of these. The '95 Purple 2 door is mine and the '02 XL-7 Limited is the wife's both will be getting simple mods to make good Adventure rigs out of them both. Main goal was to never wheel/explore alone.
Haha good strategy. With these rigs it's probably cheaper to buy and insure another one instead of equipping your ride with a good quality bumper/winch. Just make sure you don't get stuck at the same time! ;)

crab

Brian -
Beautiful Samurai. I see elsewhere that you sold it. What are th antennae and guy wires for? trying to get a CB working on mine, but the SWR is off the chart.

Crab

kb9yoj

Observer
Brian -
Beautiful Samurai. I see elsewhere that you sold it. What are th antennae and guy wires for? trying to get a CB working on mine, but the SWR is off the chart.

Crab

Brian-

The SWR could be off the charts due to the type of antenna mount. What are you using if I may ask?

crab

I bought a Firestick 4ft kit, mounted it to the top of the tailgate on the right side. I checked the grounding between the base and the battery, and there is continuity.

kb9yoj

Observer
I bought a Firestick 4ft kit, mounted it to the top of the tailgate on the right side. I checked the grounding between the base and the battery, and there is continuity.

You are probably seeing the DC continuity between the coax connector on the back of the CB and the battery's negative terminal. Do you have continuity from the tailgate to the battery (taking the CB out of the picture)? Like Brian asked, is the antenna adjustable? You might not have an RF ground causing high SWR.

crab

You are probably seeing the DC continuity between the coax connector on the back of the CB and the battery's negative terminal. Do you have continuity from the tailgate to the battery (taking the CB out of the picture)? Like Brian asked, is the antenna adjustable? You might not have an RF ground causing high SWR.

The antenna is adjustable, haven't tried any adjusting yet. From what I read if the SWR is almost pinned in the red zone, you bext shut the thing off till you get it sorted, so that's what I did. I DO have continuity from tailgate to battery. Was going to test the coax itself next.sammi_rear.jpg. The antenna extends about 2ft over the soft top. Thanks for any help. I'm new to the CB thing.

Attachments

• sammi_rear2.jpg
    sammi_rear2.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 29

kb9yoj

Observer
The antenna is adjustable, haven't tried any adjusting yet. From what I read if the SWR is almost pinned in the red zone, you bext shut the thing off till you get it sorted, so that's what I did. I DO have continuity from tailgate to battery. Was going to test the coax itself next.View attachment 272997. The antenna extends about 2ft over the soft top. Thanks for any help. I'm new to the CB thing.

I like the way it's installed. Looks good! With the addition of the spring you have made the radiating element longer, so you might have to adjust the tip to make it shorter. If you want to experiment around, try tuning the antenna without the spring and then add it after you have a usable SWR. That would be anything from 2.5:1 ratio or lower. If it gets much higher than 3:1 your reflected power "could" burn up your receiver. If you can get it in the sub 2:1 range with the spring I would be happy. Your power output is pretty low, so as long as you are not dead-keying the microphone for an hour straight you will be just fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78