Suzuki Owners; Let's see your ExPo Trucks

captwoody

Adventurer
THANK YOU

So your rig and mine are very similar that answers a lot of questions for me.There are not many post's about our style 99-05 tracker/vitara rigs so your info gives me the confidence to expand my trails now that i have the ARB in the rear.i know what you mean about tire size i have the automatic also thats why i run the 235's most of the time and change into the 31's when heading to the dunes.Your scrapes give me ideas on adding protection especially around transfer case

grimbo

Explorer
hu5unase.jpg

Pic if my old Zuk. LWB, with6:1 tcase, 2" old man emu rear springs all round with a 3/4 elliptic rear. 34" swampers. Ran the prototype ARB air licker originally in the rear, had some spacers made up and moved to the front and used a LA Locker in the rear (very early style Detroit)

Cut guards and custom tray and exo

Great little car had air of fun with it

Top pic is from the next owner so has Simexes on instead of Swampers. Bottom pic is from an earlier stage

Will find a few more pics if people are intetested

aru3yvu3.jpg

Shapeshifter

Restless Adventurer
So your rig and mine are very similar that answers a lot of questions for me.There are not many post's about our style 99-05 tracker/vitara rigs so your info gives me the confidence to expand my trails now that i have the ARB in the rear.i know what you mean about tire size i have the automatic also thats why i run the 235's most of the time and change into the 31's when heading to the dunes.Your scrapes give me ideas on adding protection especially around transfer case

I wish I went with an ARB in the rear. Front too, for that matter.

captwoody

Adventurer
If i decide to add one in front i have to change both thirds to 96-98 5.12 thirds. they dont make a pre 99 4.88 third

houndofmeath

Observer
BuI01XxIQAEKiwD.jpg

Little dude is pretty basic, but I'm happy with him. I'll post pictures of the shelf system I created to fit our stuff +2 dogs when I get some pics of it.

ditchdoctor

NICE! Are you running the Bushwacker flares on your Sammi?

Specs on the rest of the rig?

Thanks, yes Bushwacker flares, here are the additional specs:

Trail Tough parts- bushwhacker fender flares, doetsch tech shocks, two-low kit, drive line spacer, SJ 410 backing plate, Wheel spacers, front steering stabilizer, unbreakable transmission mount, unbreakable motor mounts, rear disconnect, solid transfer case mounts, mighty kong 4.9:1 gears. Rear mini-spool, front lock-right locker, ford front shock towers, front Bonz-eye springs w/ missing link and rear rancho springs.

Sky off-road parts- crossover steering kit, wiper brace kit and axle truss.

Zuks Offroad parts- my-side 2cv carb kit w/ Intake/ 44mm carb.

Other parts- Dodge Neon seats, on-board air compresser, 3000lb winch, led rock lights in the wheel wells, custom rock sliders, custom front bumper, custom rear bumper with rear tire swing out and gas can mount, 31x10.5 bfg mud terrains mounted on black steel wheels, and a CB.

Last edited:

Glenn C

Observer
Some awesome Zuks here, God my first one recently , bone stock Grand Vitara (tracker) , mainly to haul my mountain bike around and go on 3-4 day driving trips around Ireland , plans are a roof mounted bike rack (bought) all terrains and a snorkel, quick question anyone know the max size all terrains I can fit without lifting it ??

Here It is on a recent 500 mile trip.

And my new bike rack

suzuki.xl7

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for sharing those nice pics! and congratulations on your new Zuk. I am myself a regular cyclist and your Giant mountain bike looks awesome!
The max tyre size you can fit without a lift kit depends on your rims.

Check out the following website which explains the details:

http://suzuki-grandvitara.info/cms/content/view/104/70/

My stock rims are 16" 7JJ and I am using 225/70R16 without a lift kit.

Cheers!

-Richard

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78