Switching my life to "not Jeans". Can I get some recomendations for good NON JEANS

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Yeah I saw those, they seemed to much like jeans..ha ha. Good for my work tho. And nuttin wrong with a 36 inch waist, im surviving. ah ha ah ha! I may pick up a pair to try however, maybe after a couple of washes they will be softer.

craig333

Expedition Leader
This thread inspired me to try some other pants. Wore the duluth trading company fire hose pants camping this weekend. Performed well but they're heavy. Probably not what I want to wearing here in our Summer temps. Next up the 5.11s and the Carharrts. I'd love to try the TAD's and the railriders once I get over the sticker shock.

98OzarksRunner

Adventurer
This thread inspired me to try some other pants.

Me too. I've had a pair of 511 Tac Lite Pro pants in green for a while but only wear them to the range or off-roading since they look 'too tactical'. I bought a pair of 511 Stryke pants in black and they fit and look great, and actually look a little 'dressy', and not nearly as tactical. I went back and bought a pair in tan as well. Good quality, but pretty pricey.

zelatore

Explorer
This thread inspired me to try some other pants. Wore the duluth trading company fire hose pants camping this weekend. Performed well but they're heavy. Probably not what I want to wearing here in our Summer temps. Next up the 5.11s and the Carharrts. I'd love to try the TAD's and the railriders once I get over the sticker shock.

It was a bit warm this weekend...
I wear pretty much nothing but the Duluth stuff for work these days. I've only managed to get one tiny pin-hole in one pair so far - battery acid...not much will stop that I'm afraid. I would recommend trying the flex pants if you're looking for a lighter/cooler version of the firehose pants. Quite a bit lighter but still have the same functionality. (the pockets and look just work out well for my needs on the job)

Raul B

Explorer
A Lil update. So I bought some of the elastic waist LA police gear pants and they are really good. And for 20 dollars they can't be beat. I will definitely be buying more real soon.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

98roamer

Explorer
A Lil update. So I bought some of the elastic waist LA police gear pants and they are really good. And for 20 dollars they can't be beat. I will definitely be buying more real soon.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I too was surprised by the $20 LA Police gear pants that I just received last week.

kojackJKU

Do the LA police run true to size? I have to order like 6 pairs in order to make shipping sensible for me. I just received my blue camo tactical pants from ebay, 29 bucks. free shipping and they are awesome! Im wearing them right now. super comfortable and feel very durable.

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
I too got tired of jeans but Levi's fit my tall skinny ******** the best so I tried a new pair of 505's in a brown color. They are thin, soft, stretch well and don't feel or look like jeans at all. Kohl's buy one get one 50% off.

NMC_EXP

Explorer
Riggs Ripstop

I like Wrangler Riggs Ripstop jeans. One version has cargo pockets and double knees, the other does not. Both have hammer loops easily removed with scissors.

They are 100% cotton, lightweight and cool. Front pockets are 11" deep so stuff stays put. The design has a lot of room in the crotch so they are comfortable for driving.

The ones I have were apparently pre-shrunk because the size did not change after a trip thru the washer & dryer. So order your actual size.

Bought mine on Amazon.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Well, if you're at the Overland Expo you can get Mountain Khakis for 35-50% off. I just picked up a couple of pair. I love my TAD but not everyone wants to pay the entry price. Vertx makes some nice pants I like and they just released a model, dropping the hidden cargo pockets. Tru-Spec just released a line of new not tactical looking tactical pants in nylon twill or blended rip stop fabric that look to have a pot of potential. Lots of really good options out there.

I picked up 2 pairs of MK pants and one pair of MK shorts at Expo, it was a great deal - think I bought all they had in my size (34x36).

Wainiha

Explorer
I was just looking at those firehouse pants from Duluth. How long have you had them, and how hard do you use them?

How is the fit? I'm 6'6" and 270 lbs. 40" x 34" would be my size depending on cut. I am flexible, and split the crotch area on my Carharts when they were new. They were solid but the cut of the pants was not good for me. Mobility was junk!

I had to get a much bigger waist size just to fit my legs in.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I was just looking at those firehouse pants from Duluth. How long have you had them, and how hard do you use them?

How is the fit? I'm 6'6" and 270 lbs. 40" x 34" would be my size depending on cut. I am flexible, and split the crotch area on my Carharts when they were new. They were solid but the cut of the pants was not good for me. Mobility was junk!

I had to get a much bigger waist size just to fit my legs in.
They run long, wear incredibly well. I wear them to work in winter and camping; I am cruel to them.
They don't fit me well though. Although a Caucasian, I was nicknamed "Brother-Butt" in the gym by the Sistas and they don't fit an athletic build well. They're made for overweight white guy builds...
Just a warning, not a bashing.
They are very heavy and warm. Very flexible. But I won't get another pair.

kojackJKU

next acquisition arrived today. My new proper size bear grylls pants. I can say these pants are very very comfortable, fit to size and look really good. Worth every penny. that's two pairs down, two to come. I ordered a couple of pair of jack wolfskin pants and im just waiting for them to show now. Im guessin next week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan