Tembo Tusk Scottle Recipes, Tips and Tricks

Scoutman

Explorer
I'm looking to order one of these very soon. Any deals out there on one? I already have a single burner cooker I'm not using so I really just need the cooker and bag right? Maybe a windscreen?

TemboTusk

Rendezvous Con
Skygear,

Yes, a friend forgot his stove and gas canisters on a recent camping trip and used the Skottle in the campfire to cook. Worked just fine although it did burn off the seasoning and the Skottle got very sooty and dirty .

TemboTusk

Rendezvous Con
I'm looking to order one of these very soon. Any deals out there on one? I already have a single burner cooker I'm not using so I really just need the cooker and bag right? Maybe a windscreen?

Scoutman,

You can order the Skottle and Bag separately if you have a burner at home. Saves on buying a burner. The windscreen is handy if you camping in windy areas a lot. Out west in the deserts it is always windy!

SSSSTFIRE

Adventurer
To get a glass like finish on the Skottle you might try using Flax Seed oil. Apply a light coat of Flax Seed oil and I recommend heating up the oven, BBQ etc to 450 degrees for at least 30 minutes. Repeat this procedure a minimum of 5 times.

Are you using the flax seed for cooking too or just the seasoning process?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kai38

Explorer
Has anyone made a pizza on the Scottle?
Next trip out I'm thinking of warming the Scottle up with small amount of olive oil and placing those pre-made pizza shells on it , flip over a few times then place sauce, cheese and fixing on it, then cover with the lid to build up heat inside and melt cheese
I'll let you know how it works out.

TemboTusk

Rendezvous Con
Yes, there has been pizza made on the Skottle! Another way to use a steam grate to lift the pizza off the pan and use a lid to keep the heat in . A bit of trial and error and the pizzas came out great!

We bake cookies too!

Scoutman

Explorer
Been pretty quiet...
f01217da5684ecfe96b163db1b749c41.jpg

Steak and peppers, not fancy but made some good taco's. Does that help?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Scoutman

Explorer
Browning some jumbo meatballs in the Skottle to go an Italian dish last night. They were finished off in the oven.

dbfe16fc7bad3fcdf29f832615b882d4.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

XJINTX

Explorer
Hey guys... probably better place to post this but here seems to be the experts ;) Just returned last night from a long weekend trip. The first evening out I tried to fire up my Tempo Tusk. The gas was just leaking out a little release hole opposite side of of burner control. Tried two different bottles so the same. Had no service to google but the guys next site over were heading to town so I asked them to stop at Walmart :) They were able to pickup a new single burner Ozark Trail stove. Looks almost the same as mine with a few subtle differences.

So I unscrewed the little cap on my broken burner. There is a small rubber gasket that appears torn. It is possibly a safety device? My first question is could I have done something wrong... my Skottle has been used maybe 10 different time... I'm a newbee. Secondly and more important is there a repair kit? I probably need and backup... the Skottle was the only stove I had besides inside my camper and I try not to cook inside.

Thanks and sorry I rambled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior