Tembo Tusk Scottle Recipes, Tips and Tricks

rubicon91

Explorer
We did a little getaway 2 weekends ago now and I used my skottle for dinner and breakfast was awesome. Had 7 of us and none had used one besides me before we all camped. Everyone loved it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

JamesC

Adventurer
We also use the bags for skottle and legs - great quality construction. This is one of my favourite skottle accessories. Had this guy make up some spatulas

https://www.etsy.com/transaction/1035682660

il_570xN.752064684_29i5.jpg

TemboTusk

Rendezvous Con
We love our skottle. - My wish is to find a better quality burner. The granularity of flame control and quality of coleman leaves a lot to be desired, also no piezo starter. Any suggestions on alternative burners?

Great looking food and camp setup! Wish we had woods like that to camp in!

There are three burners that will fit. The Coleman Single Burner, The Century One-burner and the Stansports Single Burner.

The Century and the Stansports are Chinese copies of the Coleman. The main difference between the three is that the Coleman is slightly better quality with a graduated flame adjustment valve. The The Century and Stansports use an infinity control valve. All the burners have a spot for the piezo starter, but only the Century seems to come with it.

I have used all three and all work fine. The Coleman however is a more robust product than the other two.

ab1985

Explorer
If you do end up doing them be sure to pierce with a fork or toothepick.

Will be using my skottle next weekend camping over New Years.

texascrane

Adventurer
I have a question. How many of you are using the skottle as your only cooking "appliance" while on the trail? Or are you guys bringing one in addition to a more traditional stove/burner setup?

If you're just bringing the skottle, is there anything you aren't able to cook with it? What are you doing for dishes like spaghetti, soups, or chili? Thanks.

Arclight

SAR guy
I have a question. How many of you are using the skottle as your only cooking "appliance" while on the trail? Or are you guys bringing one in addition to a more traditional stove/burner setup?

If you're just bringing the skottle, is there anything you aren't able to cook with it? What are you doing for dishes like spaghetti, soups, or chili? Thanks.

You can dismount the burner if you need to boil water/etc. But I usually bring a separate stove for that, and use the Skottle for anything that can be Wok'd, grilled or fried. If you're cooking for a group, you really want more than one burner available anyway.

Arclight

cactusjk

Explorer
Okay - We are now into 2016 and are looking forward to some new Tembo Tusk innovations for the Scottle and other components!

TemboTusk

Rendezvous Con
The TemboTusk Skottle design is purposefully simple. Although a number of suggestions may find its way as a Skottle accessories! Near future ideas may include a table top for the Skottle when not in use, a patio cover and a steam cover.

harbinger808

Adventurer
I like the table top idea. we just moved into an apartment and its all electric :( The Skottle on the kitchen counter would be amazing for our family!

TemboTusk

Rendezvous Con
I like the table top idea. we just moved into an apartment and its all electric :( The Skottle on the kitchen counter would be amazing for our family!

Well, not quite what I meant by table top. See picture below. However, I have also been working on a "Table Top" idea with short legs to use the Skottle on a table top as you described.

Table top.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears