Tembo Tusk Scottle Recipes, Tips and Tricks

TemboTusk

Rendezvous Con
Harbinger, I have not yet. Surprisingly went to a large overland event this past weekend and did not see one in use. Again, my son is in Tempe and maybe we can work using yours as a template. I will PM you.

JamesC

Adventurer
I've asked on the Snow Peak thread but didn't hear any takers - or no one was near Anaheim.

I just realized that Expedition Exchange is 25miles according to Google Maps and they are a great supplier of Snow Peak - perhaps reaching out to them on a collaboration?

Chris Boyd

Explorer
I have a "spare" IGT 2U frame that I could send without legs for an extended eval/prototyping session. James at EE might be able to lend some legs for a field trial, but the frame would be all you'd need to design the insert.

TemboTusk

Rendezvous Con
Chris, thanks for the offer. I got together with Harbinger808 and I now have an IGT table to work on.

It might be a few weeks before I post anything about it. Skottles are going out the door faster than I can season them!

Ichimonji

I'm loving my scottle! How important is it that the burner be tight against the bottom of the unit? I tend to just let mine hang.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

TemboTusk

Rendezvous Con
I'm loving my scottle! How important is it that the burner be tight against the bottom of the unit? I tend to just let mine hang.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

It depends on what you are cooking. Eggs and other light duty fare cook just fine with the burner hanging below the pan. If you want to cook a lot of bacon or other high heat meals, it is better to have the burner snug up against the bottom of the pan.

TemboTusk

Rendezvous Con
Any Tembo Tusk updates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Updates:

Skottle table top design is with the laser cutter, however, I am having trouble with the bamboo plywood as it has skyrocketed in price making a simple table top crazy expensive. I'm currently looking into using Baltic Birch. I don't like the look as well, however the costs are more in line.

Snow Peak table/Skottle adapter: I have made a proof of concept design and it worked with the table and have now refined the design and I'm waiting for my first laser cut prototype to come back. I expect to see and test the design in the coming week. Sorry no pictures yet as want to test it first to be sure it works and iron out any kinks.

The windshield design is complete and is being tested with a number current Skottle Owners including our own Cactusjk!

DesertSand05

Observer
I have a Giga-Power Li-burner stove, it wasn't cheap but got it on a great deal. Any idea if this could be used with it...

10054596_02.gif

Seems like a perfect match, although it duplicates my wok setup. I paid an arm and a leg for a wok and wok ring from Japan, but its a great quick camp setup.

PS: I have never seen the IGT table insert in stock in the US, the single item that would temp me to go down that road.

TemboTusk

Rendezvous Con
DesertSand05,

No, the Giga-Power burner will not fit under the Skottle. The Skottle burner cage is designed to use the Coleman style singer burner. The Giga Power burner would be too big. Not only that, I believe the Giga Power would be way too hot a burner for cooking on the Skottle.

That being said, I am developing an insert to for the IGT table that will allow the Skottle and its burner to be used with the table. A prototype is being cut this Saturday and the testing will begin!

I will be posting pictures as soon as I can.

TemboTusk

Rendezvous Con
Yes, that is Pop Corn in the TemboTusk Skottle!

Coat the pan in oil and pour in the pop corn kernels.
Set to low heat and cover with a Skottle Lid.
Grab one leg and shake the Skottle to keep the kernels moving.

In one and half minutes you will have Pop Corn to share!

popcorn.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle