View attachment 342868
View attachment 342869
View attachment 342870
View attachment 342871
View attachment 342872
View attachment 342873
View attachment 342874
View attachment 342875
My Tepui Autuna Showed up this week and I got it installed yesterday, only to have nothing but a completely rain soaked weekend here in Iowa so it did not get a test run. This is my first RTT and I am very impressed with it on first impression. I love how well the annex fits the back of my jeep once its on, the door opens perfectly to access the back of the jeep door, which I plan on adding a tailgate table so I can cook in cover. Going to have to do some research on how to get the annex rolled back up and fit into the storage bag though. Still have a lot to learn about using this tent, but very excited and can't wait to get to Colorado with it.
Looks fantastic!
#teamtepui

Box Rocket

Hi All,
Does anybody have any suggestions on how to fold in the U shaped bar that goes over the ladder/entrance on the Grand Sabana or Autana when folding it up? I just received my ruggedized GS and I'm still trying to figure this out.
View attachment 342890View attachment 342884

Thanks!!
Jarred
Jarred, that looks awesome on your trailer! The suggestion others have made for the canopy support bar is correct. It does not stay attached to the "posts" when it's put away. Remove the bar from the posts and slide the ends of the bar in alongside the mattress. Feel free to give me a call if you have questions or need to walk through anything.

Box Rocket

IAJK - Are you able to fully open (90*) and shut the tailgate/tire without whacking the ladder? I've been contemplating rotating my Autana to open from the rear.

As far as the annex fitting in the bag, stuff it in there like you would a mummy bag rather than trying to roll it. You'll find that you actually have a little bit of room to spare.
If you are using the factory swing out then it will clear just fine. The only time you might have an issue is if you're using an aftermarket FULL WIDTH tire carrier. But most should open just fine. This photo doesn't show it exceptionally clear but this is the same setup when we were getting the guys at Teraflex set up with tents. The lift gate opens fine as well as the full tailgate.

Even though I'm a Toyota guy, I gotta say that the Autana with the annex opened to the rear on a JK fits like the tents are custom made to fit on the Jeep. Perfect width, and the annex opening to the back of the Jeep works perfect and gives as good of protection from weather etc against the Jeep as any option I've seen. Almost makes me want a JK to use with my Autana.........almost :)

Box Rocket

A couple more of one of the other Teraflex JKs. :drool:

I tried to talk them into an orange Autana Ruggedized for this Jeep, but they went with the grey because it would spend more time mounted to a white or silver JK that would be traveling to events.

Box Rocket

Is the annex able to remain attached when folding up the tent. Is there enough room under the cover for the annex when folded up?
On a non-Ruggedized model I've seen it done before because the material isn't quite as thick. One thing to note is that the back wall attachment for the annex shares the same track as the travel cover. So if you do this, just zip the 3 sides of the annex to attach it and leave the track side unattached. That way the travel cover can still be used. Here's some photos from a guy that did this with his Kukenam w/annex.
24509221314_b178eb6b9d_h.jpg

He keeps most of the fabric to the outside, leaving a low spot for the ladder to fit.
25021646172_d7f26bb03b_h.jpg

25021644302_c9841dda12_h.jpg

There are additional photos in this thread:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/154900-Leaving-Annex-Attached-to-RTT/page2

Box Rocket

Box -

Any intuitive ideas for keeping water from ponding up in the Annex overhang?
Here's what I used. Sorry I don't have pics of them actually in use.
I used these pipe routing clamps.
9434t17c1-e01k-digitall.png

And a length of conduit. Put one of the clamps at each end of the conduit and it's attached with a single screw and a hose clamp. It spans from the rainfly support bow to the bow that supports the canopy. Cost me less than $10 to make two of them. Got all the parts at Lowe's. But they can be ordered from somewhere like McMasterCarr too. I tried a single one, but found that two of them works better.

Cyberman

Observer
Here's what I used. Sorry I don't have pics of them actually in use.
I used these pipe routing clamps.
9434t17c1-e01k-digitall.png

And a length of conduit. Put one of the clamps at each end of the conduit and it's attached with a single screw and a hose clamp. It spans from the rainfly support bow to the bow that supports the canopy. Cost me less than $10 to make two of them. Got all the parts at Lowe's. But they can be ordered from somewhere like McMasterCarr too. I tried a single one, but found that two of them works better.
Pics or a diagram would be helpful. I'd be happy if it was drawn in crayon.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

PhilipE

Observer
I have a question?

I am planning on picking up a RTT early next spring. I will be mounting it on my trucks flatbed. What other type of mounting provisions are there for this app. Something I would prefer not drilling holes into my flatbed. Do you have anything that would widen the mounting rails and secure to a stack pocket? Something like a extrusion that slides inside the rails with a L tab on the end.

The bed in questions is a B&W elite series flatbed.

Box Rocket

I have a question?

I am planning on picking up a RTT early next spring. I will be mounting it on my trucks flatbed. What other type of mounting provisions are there for this app. Something I would prefer not drilling holes into my flatbed. Do you have anything that would widen the mounting rails and secure to a stack pocket? Something like a extrusion that slides inside the rails with a L tab on the end.

The bed in questions is a B&W elite series flatbed.
Tepui does not sell something like what you described but I don't see it being too difficult to have some kind of rack built that can drop into your stake pockets.

schuy2147

Observer
Tepui's website shows nearly all models I've considered purchasing are sold out. Is there a time frame on these tents getting back into stock?

Also, will there be any inventory available for purchase or specials at the Expo in a couple weeks?

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears