TetonX Hybrid

rob303

I am glad I got out when I did, this price increase is outrageous. I would rather get Arkto trailer for less if I were in market for a hybrid/popup camper.
The Arkto is nice. They’d open the door to a much greater market if they’d offer a floor plan that sleeps 4.

EPO

The Arkto is nice. They’d open the door to a much greater market if they’d offer a floor plan that sleeps 4.
Arkto does sleep four. There is an L shaped lower bench where two can sleep. I personally slept on it with the top down while staying in a truck stop.

Looks like they can sleep 4 rob

The Arkto G12 is not only functional but includes many luxurious features including a Truma Combi furnace/hot water heater, outdoor shower and enclosure, a large 39 gallon fresh-water storage, and a 270° “batwing” awning providing ample exterior covered space.
The fully functioning outdoor kitchen and extra large pantry will keep you and your guests well fed after a day of adventures. The residential queen size bed and additional available bunks to accommodate up to 2 more guests will ensure a good nights rest to do it all over again tomorrow.

DRAX

Never heard of Arkto but they look nice. I also see that they have a full-size queen bed, something the TetonX lacked (all beds were short) and something some people don't think about in smaller trailers. People like me (6'1") can't comfortably fit on anything less than an 80" long mattress.

rob303

Looks like they can sleep 4 rob

The Arkto G12 is not only functional but includes many luxurious features including a Truma Combi furnace/hot water heater, outdoor shower and enclosure, a large 39 gallon fresh-water storage, and a 270° “batwing” awning providing ample exterior covered space.
The fully functioning outdoor kitchen and extra large pantry will keep you and your guests well fed after a day of adventures. The residential queen size bed and additional available bunks to accommodate up to 2 more guests will ensure a good nights rest to do it all over again tomorrow.
Arkto does sleep four. There is an L shaped lower bench where two can sleep. I personally slept on it with the top down while staying in a truck stop.
Hmmm I’ve been in one and unless something changed in the past 9 months, “4” should have an asterisk. The TetonX with queen and full bunk is a much better setup.

EPO

Hmmm I’ve been in one and unless something changed in the past 9 months, “4” should have an asterisk. The TetonX with queen and full bunk is a much better setup.
Don't know what you mean about an asterisk but the ability to sleep 4 has been added.

Zaoverandunder

Never heard of Arkto but they look nice. I also see that they have a full-size queen bed, something the TetonX lacked (all beds were short) and something some people don't think about in smaller trailers. People like me (6'1") can't comfortably fit on anything less than an 80" long mattress.
My husband is 6'3" and we sleep East/West in our TetonX without issue. He stands comfortably with the top popped as well.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

DRAX

My husband is 6'3" and we sleep East/West in our TetonX without issue. He stands comfortably with the top popped as well.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
He must lay on his side with his knees bent. Which is fine, but all depends on the person. I couldn't sleep on anything shorter than a proper queen, I've tried.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

Yeah I’m in the same cohort. I really want the TetonX but it feels so overpriced and irresponsible with this new pricing. If they included more in base besides 50ah to 100ah battery, built in inverter, and 270 awning I could try to justify but they didn’t. Just not worth 14k more.

I really liked TetonX for its size being smaller to fit in my garage and tight trails but not worth the premium over Arkto as the TetonX base model doesn’t include hot water, plumbed water, shower enclosure, or the kitchen setup.

Looking at canceling on Monday. I guess I’ll be looking into Arkto now or scouring used market.
Go Arkto man they are an awesome rig and reasonably priced especially with currency advantage

Not to be rude as the Teton is a nice rig but no where near the size and quality of a Arkto. Not even close to the latest Arkto

rob303

Not to be rude as the Teton is a nice rig but no where near the size and quality of a Arkto. Not even close to the latest Arkto
It’s not rude to have a differing opinion. We all have specific needs that guide us in choosing the unit that best suits those needs. In my case, comfortably sleeping a family of 4 is priority #1. Not long ago, when I was in the market, the Arkto didn’t even attempt to sleep 4 and was competitively priced with the TetonX, which could comfortably sleep 4. So the choice was easy. Obviously, a lot has changed in the world of TetonX in a very short time and the arguments for ordering a new one have greatly diminished. I’m very happy with my 2020, it sleeps my family comfortably, it has every amenity I could dream of, it’s of an extremely high build quality, and impeccable well-thought design. Plus it’s light and easy to store. All at a price well below a new Arkto or new TetonX.

It’s not rude to have a differing opinion. We all have specific needs that guide us in choosing the unit that best suits those needs. In my case, comfortably sleeping a family of 4 is priority #1. Not long ago, when I was in the market, the Arkto didn’t even attempt to sleep 4 and was competitively priced with the TetonX, which could comfortably sleep 4. So the choice was easy. Obviously, a lot has changed in the world of TetonX in a very short time and the arguments for ordering a new one have greatly diminished. I’m very happy with my 2020, it sleeps my family comfortably, it has every amenity I could dream of, it’s of an extremely high build quality, and impeccable well-thought design. Plus it’s light and easy to store. All at a price well below a new Arkto or new TetonX.
Rob awesome post and I agree with everything you said. The Arkto is a bit heavier for sure. Comparing the 2023 models I believe they are close in cost. Not sure how the Teton could have more sleeping capacity as the Arkto is so much bigger.

rob303

Rob awesome post and I agree with everything you said. The Arkto is a bit heavier for sure. Comparing the 2023 models I believe they are close in cost. Not sure how the Teton could have more sleeping capacity as the Arkto is so much bigger.
Base on the TetonX is almost $45k. These units include virtually nothing and have always been offered as an “a la carte” item. I have yet to do the math, but I think an apples to apples TetonX will cost 10-20% more than a G12.

As for sleeping, the TetonX uses vertical space instead of horizontal. In my experience, that is key when real estate is scarce.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior